Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New CPAP $2K lease?
RE: New CPAP $2K lease?
(03-20-2018, 05:29 AM)Sleep2Snore Wrote:
(03-19-2018, 05:56 PM)pdude Wrote: Doc office gave a quote for a new cpap machine and was told it would be $2000 on a lease program.  Pay a total of 2000 (down+payments) and then after a year if you're using your equipment then the insurance company will pay off the rest and you stop making payments when you hit that 2000 mark.  Otherwise you need to return the equipment.  Online looks like you can get one like this (dreamstation, resmed autosense) for under $1k.  So that's a big margin for $2k from the doctor's office especially if there's a residual payment more than $2k?

I saw some other threads here about this in Canada.  

Is this normal nowadays?  I don't recall paying that much for my first one.  Never heard of a lease program as I thought I just paid out right for mine before with the help of insurance in the beginning, but nothing to worry about a year later.

You are not buying shares in the company!  That price is higher than Everest!   Dielaughing

I'm guessing Dr. Duck has a boat payment he needs to send off right away. I suggest you don't help fund his SS Minnow.

Laugh-a-lot
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
$2k is ridonculous.

I agree with the others about being found online for under $600.

1) I recommend finding another Dr.

2) I recommend finding a dr that does not dispense the machines/equipment. Drs who are also a DME are NOT in it for the patient (they are in it for the boat payments).

3) I recommend calling your insurance and finding out what they do about CPAPs. Mine requires the machine to be paid on over 13 months - my insurance makes each monthly payment, and then the DME can send me a bill for my co-pay amount for that month.

I calculated how much my co-pay would be for all 13 months, and figured out that my 13 co-pays would total the **exact same amount** it would cost me to buy a machine online out-of-pocket. I opted to go ahead and get it from the DME, since my co-pays would count toward my deductible for the year. Mathematically it makes sense. BUT I'm sorta regretting it because my insurance has slightly changed *twice* in the first 12 months of being on this CPAP, and it just seems like a hassle trying to keep up with whether or not my insurance has paid each month (it has only paid about half of them so far). What a pain.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks as that's great advice to keep in mind!
Post Reply Post Reply
I got an autoset for her from supplier no 10 for $550 - a good Black Friday offer-which got shipped into the UK. Even after conversion and tax here, it was better for me.

So look out for good deals in the US, would there be some with Easter??
Sleepyhead in 5 easy steps
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CPAP lease agreement Big Guy 5 1,823 12-19-2018, 02:26 PM
Last Post: Big Guy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.