Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New CPAP Machine Recommendation
New CPAP Machine Recommendation
My machine is close to 5 years old and is a DreamStation Auto (DSx500). I am effected by the recall and am going to switch to a resmed machine.

I read the machine choices link http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ne_choices

I am leaning towards Airsense 10 Autoset and looking for feedback or recommendations to the contrary.

My Stats Are:
AHI 3.47
Periodic Breathing 2.43%
Large Leak 0.0%
Clear Airway 0.37%
Obstructive 2.01
Hypopnea 1.10
Vibratory Snore VS2 4.94
Variable Breathing 40.11%

I assume if I switch machines I will have to create a new profile in oscar for the new machine data?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New CPAP Machine Recommendation
Depending when you purchase, the new Resmed Airsense 11 AutoSet could be out. It doesn't currently work with OSCAR, but I've read that it will in a future release.
Post Reply Post Reply
I wont be able to wait. I will be without until I purchase new and I remember how uncomfortable that was.
Post Reply Post Reply
Go for the ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet. Despite the 11 series coming out, in my opinion, getting the ResMed 10 now will still get you a great machine.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
In that case yes for sure the AirSense 10 Autoset would fit the bill.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 291 264,040 Yesterday, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Poolboy
  Which machine to get for initial self treatment - Auto CPAP vs. BIPAP ST MVoltaire 8 216 04-04-2024, 04:01 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Using CPAP machine to perform Sleep test ivan007 3 146 04-02-2024, 03:28 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 180 03-27-2024, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
  [Pressure] Request Recommendation for a Dial Manometer Samwrites 4 180 03-24-2024, 09:59 AM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Need help new on CPAP machine Jimasripper 10 399 03-22-2024, 03:08 PM
Last Post: Jimasripper
  Ready to buy CPAP machine NewlyDiagnosed 29 831 03-21-2024, 01:42 PM
Last Post: NewlyDiagnosed

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.