Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New CPAP - Not Happy
RE: New CPAP - Not Happy
(03-26-2012, 05:39 PM)greatunclebill Wrote:
(03-26-2012, 05:12 PM)Rritch Wrote:
(03-26-2012, 03:55 PM)greatunclebill Wrote:
(03-26-2012, 03:40 PM)Rritch Wrote: In her case the Dr. is the DME as well as sleep lab. I am hoping that they will agree to upgrade to a data collecting unit. If not then I will see about just using the S9 even if that means returning the new one.

conflict of interest alert........ run, don't walk. i wouldn't take anything he says at face value. like i said, they don't have a choice if you drop it in their office and don't pay past the first month. this is one of the very few times i will say if you can't find another doc, you have the tools to do it without a doc.
We talked to them this afternoon. They are going to replace the 150 with a 450. They just need the Dr. to sign the order in the morning.

be sure what you are getting. mine is a pr system one remstar automatic with a-flex 550P and is fully data capable. just because that one has a data card does not make it fully data capable.

just looked it up and could be PR System One REMstar Pro CPAP Machine with C-Flex Plus (DS450). if it is DS450 it appears to be data capable but is not automatic.
Yeah that is the one. She only uses CPAP so the APAP is not needed.
Post Reply Post Reply
PRS1 Auto shows more data than the Pro unlike the S9 (Elite - AutoSet)
http://respironicsremstars.respironics.com/
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-26-2012, 06:09 PM)zonk Wrote: PRS1 Auto shows more data than the Pro unlike the S9 (Elite - AutoSet)

Zonk if I'm reading the specs right both have the same reporting but the auto has the response. The reporting seems similar to the S9
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-26-2012, 06:15 PM)Rritch Wrote:
(03-26-2012, 06:09 PM)zonk Wrote: PRS1 Auto shows more data than the Pro unlike the S9 (Elite - AutoSet)

Zonk if I'm reading the specs right both have the same reporting but the auto has the response. The reporting seems similar to the S9
The link is FYI
What understood from PRS1 users that the auto shows waveform data and Pro don,t.
The S9 Elite and AutoSet both shows waveform data.

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-26-2012, 06:21 PM)zonk Wrote:

The link is FYI
What understood from PRS1 users that the auto shows waveform data and Pro don,t.

a good idea is to go to supplier 6 or any other supplier that has a live chat. i know you're getting it from your dme but talk to the chat person like you're interested in getting one from them and get answers to any of your questions.
First Diagnosed July 1990

MSgt (E-7) USAF (Medic)
Retired 1968-1990
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for all of the feedback. She is going to continue using her S9 until they replace the 150. I will let you all know how it goes.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-26-2012, 06:21 PM)zonk Wrote:

The link is FYI

The Pro shows waveform data.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-26-2012, 09:46 PM)Sleepster Wrote: The Pro shows waveform data.
Thanks for the info. While back read that there is no Flow Limitation on Pro and on auto in CPAP mode and only available on auto.

Post Reply Post Reply
Heard back from the Dr. a little bit ago. They have approved the swap out to the 450. We are going over there this evening to swap it out. I know that there has been some concern about it being "one stop shopping" with it being a Dr. Sleep lab and DME all in one, but I will say that we have been happy with the treatment so far, the facilities seem top notch, the staff is courteous and cooperative. On top of that so far there has been $0 out of pocket expense even with upgrading the machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-27-2012, 01:14 PM)Rritch Wrote: Heard back from the Dr. a little bit ago. They have approved the swap out to the 450. We are going over there this evening to swap it out. I know that there has been some concern about it being "one stop shopping" with it being a Dr. Sleep lab and DME all in one, but I will say that we have been happy with the treatment so far, the facilities seem top notch, the staff is courteous and cooperative. On top of that so far there has been $0 out of pocket expense even with upgrading the machine.

as long as you are happy with the deal, are well informed, need the equipment and you feel better, i guess little else matters. none of us actually have a hose in the race, so to speak. glad it worked out for ya.
First Diagnosed July 1990

MSgt (E-7) USAF (Medic)
Retired 1968-1990
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Happy Thanksgiving. Big Guy 9 579 11-25-2023, 07:16 AM
Last Post: FLcracker
  Happy Anniversary...well...almost. David Clark 1 434 12-28-2022, 10:11 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Happy Thanksgiving! Big Guy 9 793 11-24-2022, 10:52 PM
Last Post: Homerec130
  Happy to Share This :) Abletree 3 677 04-26-2022, 03:46 PM
Last Post: Jeff8356
  DME Venting (And Potential Happy Ending?) The Latinist 4 812 11-10-2021, 07:38 PM
Last Post: clownbell
  Happy new year from France Camera Obscura 4 735 01-01-2021, 01:51 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
Thumbsup New on board, happy to be there gromo 1 732 12-23-2020, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Jeff8356

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.