Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New CPAP - Not Happy
RE: New CPAP - Not Happy
(03-27-2012, 01:19 PM)greatunclebill Wrote:
(03-27-2012, 01:14 PM)Rritch Wrote: Heard back from the Dr. a little bit ago. They have approved the swap out to the 450. We are going over there this evening to swap it out. I know that there has been some concern about it being "one stop shopping" with it being a Dr. Sleep lab and DME all in one, but I will say that we have been happy with the treatment so far, the facilities seem top notch, the staff is courteous and cooperative. On top of that so far there has been $0 out of pocket expense even with upgrading the machine.

as long as you are happy with the deal, are well informed, need the equipment and you feel better, i guess little else matters. none of us actually have a hose in the race, so to speak. glad it worked out for ya.

Believe me I appreciate all of the feedback that I have received. Part of the reason that I have become so involved is that I was not happy with the treatment that she was previously receiving. If we see any issues again we will not hesitate to look elsewhere.

I will say that I have been involved with a lot of forums over the years and this one seems to be one of the most courteous and helpful that I have been involved with. There seems to be a lot of knowledgeable people on here that are willing to help. It makes it so much easier for someone like me who just want the best for their spouse and is trying to learn to make sure that happens.

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-27-2012, 01:28 PM)Rritch Wrote:
(03-27-2012, 01:19 PM)greatunclebill Wrote:
(03-27-2012, 01:14 PM)Rritch Wrote: Heard back from the Dr. a little bit ago. They have approved the swap out to the 450. We are going over there this evening to swap it out. I know that there has been some concern about it being "one stop shopping" with it being a Dr. Sleep lab and DME all in one, but I will say that we have been happy with the treatment so far, the facilities seem top notch, the staff is courteous and cooperative. On top of that so far there has been $0 out of pocket expense even with upgrading the machine.

as long as you are happy with the deal, are well informed, need the equipment and you feel better, i guess little else matters. none of us actually have a hose in the race, so to speak. glad it worked out for ya.

Believe me I appreciate all of the feedback that I have received. Part of the reason that I have become so involved is that I was not happy with the treatment that she was previously receiving. If we see any issues again we will not hesitate to look elsewhere.

I will say that I have been involved with a lot of forums over the years and this one seems to be one of the most courteous and helpful that I have been involved with. There seems to be a lot of knowledgeable people on here that are willing to help. It makes it so much easier for someone like me who just want the best for their spouse and is trying to learn to make sure that happens.

it's good because it is a single focused forum for a very serious subject. the people here all came looking for answers and to talk with other people that shared the common problem. as we learn, alot take the knowledge and go elsewhere, leaving the people with a passion to stay and guide others. hopefully you will be one that stays and helps the next guy along his journey.
First Diagnosed July 1990

MSgt (E-7) USAF (Medic)
Retired 1968-1990
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-26-2012, 10:22 PM)zonk Wrote:
(03-26-2012, 09:46 PM)Sleepster Wrote: The Pro shows waveform data.
Thanks for the info. While back read that there is no Flow Limitation on Pro and on auto in CPAP mode and only available on auto.
Could you please verify for us if there is or isn't FL on your Pro.
Thanks

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-28-2012, 05:27 AM)zonk Wrote:
Thanks for the info. While back read that there is no Flow Limitation on Pro and on auto in CPAP mode and only available on auto.
Thanks

She got the 450 last night. I checked the data this morning in sleepyhead and it does NOT report Flow Limitation.

The clinician did not really set up the machine too well other than to set the pressure. since she had two patients that she was working with and did not know until we got there that we were coming. She was a little late and had not checked her email. I did setup the C-Flex Level and turned on the Auto on/off feature.

The surprising thing was that with the pressure set the same as her S9 (9.0) her snoring was worse (both reported and actual) and her AHI was not good at all (6.7) she is normally around 2.5 even with the new pressure. I know that one night does not make a trend so I am going to keep an eye on it. That being said I did turn on the System One Resistance which was off and set it to X1. She does not use a Respironics mask but since all Respironics nasal masks are listed as X1 that is what I set it for. She currently uses the ResMed "Mirage FX for her" I will see how that goes over the next few days.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-28-2012, 08:29 AM)Rritch Wrote:
Thanks

She got the 450 last night. I checked the data this morning in sleepyhead and it does NOT report Flow Limitation.

The clinician did not really set up the machine too well other than to set the pressure. since she had two patients that she was working with and did not know until we got there that we were coming. She was a little late and had not checked her email. I did setup the C-Flex Level and turned on the Auto on/off feature.

The surprising thing was that with the pressure set the same as her S9 (9.0) her snoring was worse (both reported and actual) and her AHI was not good at all (6.7) she is normally around 2.5 even with the new pressure. I know that one night does not make a trend so I am going to keep an eye on it. That being said I did turn on the System One Resistance which was off and set it to X1. She does not use a Respironics mask but since all Respironics nasal masks are listed as X1 that is what I set it for. She currently uses the ResMed "Mirage FX for her" I will see how that goes over the next few days.

After reading a little more about the System One Resistance, I have turned it back off for now. I am going to wait a few days and see how it goes. Her machine does have the new Auto IQ feature so if her AHI stays high, I may try that for a few days and see how that works.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-28-2012, 11:28 AM)Rritch Wrote:
(03-26-2012, 10:22 PM)zonk Wrote: Thanks for the info. While back read that there is no Flow Limitation on Pro and on auto in CPAP mode and only available on auto.
Thanks

After reading a little more about the System One Resistance, I have turned it back off for now. I am going to wait a few days and see how it goes. Her machine does have the new Auto IQ feature so if her AHI stays high, I may try that for a few days and see how that works.
in sleepy head you can turn graphs on and off. i'm not doubting you at all, just saying to check the preferences area to make sure the graph isn't turned off by accident or default. this also applies to anybody else. check to make sure all graphs are turned on and turn off the ones that do you no good if you don't want to see them. personally ,as an example, i have no need for inhale, exhale, total air graphs and can turn them on anytime i feel the need to look.
First Diagnosed July 1990

MSgt (E-7) USAF (Medic)
Retired 1968-1990
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-28-2012, 11:45 AM)greatunclebill Wrote:
(03-28-2012, 11:28 AM)Rritch Wrote:
(03-28-2012, 05:27 AM)zonk Wrote: Could you please verify for us if there is or isn't FL on your Pro.
Thanks

in sleepy head you can turn graphs on and off. i'm not doubting you at all, just saying to check the preferences area to make sure the graph isn't turned off by accident or default. this also applies to anybody else. check to make sure all graphs are turned on and turn off the ones that do you no good if you don't want to see them. personally ,as an example, i have no need for inhale, exhale, total air graphs and can turn them on anytime i feel the need to look.

I went back and double checked SleepyHead and the Flow Limitation graph IS enabled. I have checked it on both my Windows and Linux boxes.

Post Reply Post Reply
I always get a bad feeling when the Doc is also running the equipment shop.

Remember too, that the politician will also smile, slap you on the back, and be helpful while he is picking your pocket and stealing the lollypops from your children.

This guy was obviously trying to pawn you off with cheaper hardware so he could pocket the difference in price.

Time to get out the hot pine tar and feathers!

If you can get a solution out of this guy I would start looking elsewhere for supply/support sources.
"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Happy Thanksgiving. Big Guy 9 579 11-25-2023, 07:16 AM
Last Post: FLcracker
  Happy Anniversary...well...almost. David Clark 1 433 12-28-2022, 10:11 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Happy Thanksgiving! Big Guy 9 791 11-24-2022, 10:52 PM
Last Post: Homerec130
  Happy to Share This :) Abletree 3 677 04-26-2022, 03:46 PM
Last Post: Jeff8356
  DME Venting (And Potential Happy Ending?) The Latinist 4 810 11-10-2021, 07:38 PM
Last Post: clownbell
  Happy new year from France Camera Obscura 4 735 01-01-2021, 01:51 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
Thumbsup New on board, happy to be there gromo 1 730 12-23-2020, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Jeff8356

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.