Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New CPAP Owner Questions
RE: New CPAP Owner Questions
I again suggest you lower EPR it will bring down your centrals and of course less time in apnea.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-07-2021, 07:15 PM)Gideon Wrote: Reduce your EPR to 1, if needed we will adjust from there.  That should lower your CA events.

You are among the (un)lucky individuals that may be suffering from Treatment Emergent Central Apnea.  This often occurs with new CPAP users as you CPAP helps you breathe more efficiently, including the flushing of CO2 from your system.  Our main drive to breathe is having enough CO2 in our system to require removal. When CO2 levels drop below your apneic threshold a central apnea occurs until your CO2 builds up while you are not breathing.  This occurs gradually in a waxing and waning repetitive pattern.

To confirm provide a 10 minute zoomed view of your CA events and
Post your sleep studies, redacted, especially your initial diagnostic study.

I finally got to the EPR of 1.  The CA events did not drop noticeably while hypopnea went up noticeably.  Large leak went up from near zero probably do to my mouth popping open and exhausting air.  Are there any recommendations?  Could I just need more time?  It has been 29 days.

Post Reply Post Reply
2 points first central are very inconsistent meaning one day they are higher one day lower. I would not take one day as a trend.

2nd the increase of H events was due to positional apnea. That is caused by chin dropping to your Sternum usually when your pillow is to high or back sleeping. No settings on the machine causes it or can help it. The only way is not to sleep in that position. Your earlier charts did NOT show this so think about what changed in your sleeping position.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  EPR questions juniper 7 229 9 hours ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New - so many questions Matsu1 7 385 Yesterday, 04:44 PM
Last Post: Matsu1
  Surgery questions sarahsleeps 8 186 04-16-2024, 10:01 AM
Last Post: coffee9724
Question [Equipment] Airsense 11 Questions tblaster 2 157 04-02-2024, 12:35 PM
Last Post: tblaster
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 252 03-27-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Juniper's questions juniper 12 368 03-21-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: juniper
  A few questions!! Iceracer 2 332 01-19-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: Iceracer

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.