Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New CPAP User
RE: New CPAP User
From another newbie welcome aboard the forum has been really helpful in teaching me how to use my machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
if you do find a way to use the card as well, there is no need with the respironics 560 (and most other respironics models) to lock the SD card when transferring data to a computer. The machine will not care.

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
I talked to the Tech today. It looks like I have found a work around. As I mentioned in one of my earlier posts; "The SD card was in the machine when it was removed from the box. It was taken out and a modem was plugged into the SD card slot." It appears that the CPAP machine holds the data in memory, so I can unplug the modem, plug in a SD card, use the machine for one night and the machine will write all of the data to the SD card.
Regards;
Lex Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
the detailed data will only show up for the period of time that the SD is in the machine. there is other data, though, that will copy over to the card. it will give you what you need for an overview of your therapy.

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-09-2015, 01:39 PM)LexTac Wrote: I talked to the Tech today. It looks like I have found a work around. As I mentioned in one of my earlier posts; "The SD card was in the machine when it was removed from the box. It was taken out and a modem was plugged into the SD card slot." It appears that the CPAP machine holds the data in memory, so I can unplug the modem, plug in a SD card, use the machine for one night and the machine will write all of the data to the SD card.

Are you 100% sure that the card isn't in the machine?

I have a 460P with a modem and an SD card, the card and the modem connect to different slots on the back of the machine. The card goes into a slot that's right below where the modem connects, it's one of those that "click" in when you put it in - it doesn't stick out very much. Unplug the power from your machine, pull the modem off carefully and look at the back of the machine and see if the card is there. If it is just push it in and let go, it should pop out.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-10-2015, 09:40 AM)ISnoreBadly Wrote: Are you 100% sure that the card isn't in the machine?

Yes, 100% sure. The SD card is replaced by this:

[Image: PR_Modem_zpsso7qznsk.jpg]

Regards;
Lex Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-10-2015, 11:19 AM)LexTac Wrote:
(07-10-2015, 09:40 AM)ISnoreBadly Wrote: Are you 100% sure that the card isn't in the machine?

Yes, 100% sure. The SD card is replaced by this:

Right, I have the same thing! If you look closely at the modem itself, right above where the connector is is an open space. Then look at the back of the xPAP device where the modem would fit and find that same space is where the SD card goes. Here's a picture of mine with an arrow pointing at the SD card (it's in the slot):

h ttp://i.imgur.com/V7pgXtb.jpg

(I can't post pictures to this forum yet, copy that link and paste it in your browser without the space beween the 'h' and 'ttp' to see the picture)
Post Reply Post Reply
I have the exact same thing Lexington. The SD card does not have to be removed for the modem to work. The tech apparently believes something else.
Post Reply Post Reply
ISB; The link did not work for me.

(07-10-2015, 01:13 PM)Mosquitobait Wrote: I have the exact same thing Lex. The SD card does not have to be removed for the modem to work. The tech apparently believes something else.

MB; I'm not sure that I understand exactly what you are saying. The REMstar Auto 560P only has one card slot and the modem, as pictured above, plugs into that slot. I see no additional card slots on the modem.
Regards;
Lex Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-10-2015, 01:32 PM)LexTac Wrote: ISB; The link did not work for me.

I wish I could post pictures, that would make this easier...

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 25 465 1 hour ago
Last Post: Old Steve
  Newer CPAP User, still snoring Warnick13 45 1,490 03-11-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: Warnick13
  [Pressure] New CPAP user - Please help interpreting graphs fsdx2004 40 2,044 03-07-2024, 08:01 AM
Last Post: fsdx2004
  [Symptoms] CPAP(UARS) user 10+ years, still feel terrible DB10 17 1,018 03-05-2024, 09:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question [Symptoms] New CPAP User, Started Snoring Again heyou 30 1,593 03-02-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: heyou
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 299 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky
  Long time CPAP user, first time here. Any insight is appreciated! TwoFistedWonderBrain 7 616 02-06-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: TwoFistedWonderBrain

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.