Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New CPAP User
Hello all. I've been lurking here for several months but just making my first post.

I was diagnosed with OSA (AHI = 40) three weeks ago and picked up my CPAP today. Tonight will be an adventure using it for the first time. I will post an update in the next few days.

Thanks to everyone sharing their experiences. I've learned a lot reading your posts.

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Good luck and welcome. Based on your profile your machine is set at default 4-20 pressure, and will very likely need some adjusting. If you feel starved for air starting out, don't hesitate to stop, and reset the minimum pressure to 6. Download SleepyHead and install it on a computer so you can see what's going on. Read this so you know how to make changes http://www.apneaboard.com/dreamstation-c...structions Get your provider manual so you know how to make adjustments to the machine at the link at the top of the page.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome Nightro82,

Look forward to hearing more from you.

Scotty
Post Reply Post Reply

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Knightro82,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I wish you good luck with your CPAP therapy, hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Good luck and stick with it!
It can definitely feel weird at first to have a hose tied to your face and being connected to a thing next to your bed... Or the disappointment that your body messed up and now you need this thing to sleep... Or that weird feeling you get as it inflates your airway and holds it open...

BUT

That morning you wake up giddy because you actually feel RESTED... When you feel your cognitive functions and short term memory sharpening up again... When you don't say to people "I felt like I haven't slept well in years"... All of those things more than make up for (what will become to you too, I promise) the minor inconvenience of The Machine.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] New CPAP user (almost) [equipment questions] CZOscar 11 299 6 hours ago
Last Post: CZOscar
  BiPAP Induced Central Apneas for New User (help)? STB123 30 717 Yesterday, 10:25 AM
Last Post: STB123
  Sleepyhead Results (New User) jrdnduvall 13 364 10-15-2017, 06:53 PM
Last Post: jrdnduvall
Question [Pressure] New CPAP user. Need some advice. streetwolf 56 1,481 10-13-2017, 09:00 AM
Last Post: streetwolf
  New User - Swallowing air (Aerophagia) Carobu 34 1,044 10-12-2017, 06:44 AM
Last Post: Sleepster
  new user question michael1960 10 739 10-07-2017, 07:52 AM
Last Post: BillF
  New User [need help with my data] Recurve 45 1,653 10-03-2017, 10:17 PM
Last Post: Recurve