Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New CPAP User
New CPAP User
Hello all. I've been lurking here for several months but just making my first post.

I was diagnosed with OSA (AHI = 40) three weeks ago and picked up my CPAP today. Tonight will be an adventure using it for the first time. I will post an update in the next few days.

Thanks to everyone sharing their experiences. I've learned a lot reading your posts.

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New CPAP User
Good luck and welcome. Based on your profile your machine is set at default 4-20 pressure, and will very likely need some adjusting. If you feel starved for air starting out, don't hesitate to stop, and reset the minimum pressure to 6. Download #Sleepyhead and install it on a computer so you can see what's going on. Read this so you know how to make changes http://www.apneaboard.com/dreamstation-c...structions Get your provider manual so you know how to make adjustments to the machine at the link at the top of the page.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome Nightro82,

Look forward to hearing more from you.

Scotty
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the forum and good luck with your treatment.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Knightro82,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I wish you good luck with your CPAP therapy, hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Good luck and stick with it!
It can definitely feel weird at first to have a hose tied to your face and being connected to a thing next to your bed... Or the disappointment that your body messed up and now you need this thing to sleep... Or that weird feeling you get as it inflates your airway and holds it open...

BUT

That morning you wake up giddy because you actually feel RESTED... When you feel your cognitive functions and short term memory sharpening up again... When you don't say to people "I felt like I haven't slept well in years"... All of those things more than make up for (what will become to you too, I promise) the minor inconvenience of The Machine.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 19 357 1 hour ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  Newer CPAP User, still snoring Warnick13 45 1,473 03-11-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: Warnick13
  [Pressure] New CPAP user - Please help interpreting graphs fsdx2004 40 2,034 03-07-2024, 08:01 AM
Last Post: fsdx2004
  [Symptoms] CPAP(UARS) user 10+ years, still feel terrible DB10 17 1,013 03-05-2024, 09:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question [Symptoms] New CPAP User, Started Snoring Again heyou 30 1,591 03-02-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: heyou
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 297 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky
  Long time CPAP user, first time here. Any insight is appreciated! TwoFistedWonderBrain 7 615 02-06-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: TwoFistedWonderBrain

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.