Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New CPAP User
RE: New CPAP User
Totally agree, I can't thank you enough. To go out of your way to help another and with experienced feedback is grade a in my book. Thank you
Post Reply Post Reply
I wasn't sure what Min = Max = 4 meant when setting the CPAP so I ran the second settings Min = 5, Max = 15, EPR = 1 last night. Does the Min = Max =4 just mean to set both to 4 and EPR off please? If I can figure that out I'll run that tonight.

I noticed it was easier to exhale and felt like near normal breathing. I barely notice I'm using the CPAP anymore especially with the EPR on. Definitely feeling more awake in the morning.

Attached are the results.

[attachment=19276]
Post Reply Post Reply
You're making great progress! It's so good to see!

(Night before last I had to get up in the middle of night. Disconnected my hose from my N20 mask, and went; came back. Back in bed...slept. Woke up later and my hose was disconnected. I hadn't connected it.) Life happens. Laughing at myself.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Min = max = 4 does mean min 4, max =4
Again that is setting the CPAP to provide it's minimum just to see how bad it gets, as close as we can get to the sleep test without actually doing one

Follow that with
EPR=2
Min =6
Max=15
I expect your CA to get worse.
Post Reply Post Reply
Haha, thank you.

I've gone through a lot of forums to review and figure out the issues everyone else as had to avoid if possible. Definitely love the Dreamwear Nasal mask, tube on top of the head is simply awesome. Probably helps that I'm used to scuba diving as well so CPAP feels normal and somewhat peaceful to me.

Looking forward to getting everything dialed in and see if the solution can help, it seems like it is though still getting past I actually need it. Thinking the minimum setting Bonjour suggested will help a bit with that. May opt for a SleepStudy at some point just to see that data.
Post Reply Post Reply
Pretty sure the nasal mask came off at near 1AM, I'm not sure why though guess it's due to the obstructive. Current plan is to attempt same settings again tonight.

Post Reply Post Reply
That is sufficient info to definitively state that you do have OSA in the mild to moderate severity. Actually I can't say that because I am not a Doctor.
Now we go back to making you feel better.

Now go to
EPR=2
Min =6
Max=15
Post Reply Post Reply
Awesome, thank you. Looking forward to going back to the helpful settings. Thank you
Post Reply Post Reply
You have some flow limitations, but the more prominent aspect of your therapy is an AHI over 6 per hour of central apnea. In my opinion your real problem is treatment onset complex or central apnea, and adding EPR s going to increase events. I am far less concerned with with the flow limits than the fact, trying to address them will likely make apnea worse. Some centrals may eventually resolve as you use CPAP, but in my opinion the current path to lower event rates is to use fixed CPAP pressure without EPR. To minimize events, I would set the machine at minimum pressure 7.0, maximum pressure 7.0 and EPR off. My suggestion is conservative and based on your need to address CA events, not to treat flow limitation which is increasing your pressure to chase prevent an obstruction that does not exist, thus the fixed pressure.

On the other hand, Fred may be wanting to see what happens with EPR at higher levels, and I'm sure if increases the CA event rate, he will probably back-out the EPR and inform you of ASV therapy. Just FYI, if you increase EPR, you will likely see higher or much higher CA.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Exactly, CA goes up with EPR and we either back off or explore ASV (traditional) or EERS which I feel will be less disruptive. EPR is what should work with flow limits.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 53 1,588 04-18-2024, 05:25 PM
Last Post: Pawpri
  [CPAP] New CPAP User - Help Understanding CPAP data and Pressure Spikes Sleepin 3 197 04-12-2024, 06:36 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  Newer CPAP User, still snoring Warnick13 45 1,791 03-11-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: Warnick13
  [Pressure] New CPAP user - Please help interpreting graphs fsdx2004 40 2,260 03-07-2024, 08:01 AM
Last Post: fsdx2004
  [Symptoms] CPAP(UARS) user 10+ years, still feel terrible DB10 17 1,135 03-05-2024, 09:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question [Symptoms] New CPAP User, Started Snoring Again heyou 30 1,710 03-02-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: heyou
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 378 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.