Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New CPAP User
RE: New CPAP User
Just realized I wasn't adding all the flags to the graph, not very intuitive to click the drop down to put flags on the event flags bar, makes sense now though. I was wondering what was happening. I've added them all in now. Too-funny

Here's the latest at min 6 max 15 epr 2. 

My energy and mood has been like that Friday feeling after running a mile every day. I honestly can't believe how much of a difference I've felt. I still get tired though it's more my body is tired than my mind, a bit hard to explain and I suppose one word would be refreshed. When I go to bed it's immediately near on time every night. Should have done this long ago. 

Thanks both for your help. All for trying everything and starting to learn a bit and pick up myself on the process and acronyms.
Post Reply Post Reply

[attachment=19360]
Post Reply Post Reply
Please check all the check boxes again. Both dropdowns.
You are missing Central Apneas and RERAs
Post Reply Post Reply
Theraputical y I'd like you to try a min pressure of 7. Attack those obstructive Apneas a little stronger
Post Reply Post Reply
My previous suggestion for EPR 3 is no longer valid wit the CA events. Those usually clear up on their own, but may be worse with higher EPR. Please leave EPR at 2 or reduce to 1.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
From last night. From the entire view it looks like when the pressure gets to the bottom of ramping down to 9 the mask pressure becomes sporadic or flat lines (guessing this is my brain not telling my body to breathe?). Pressure then jumps to 11, obstructive event records at the top, then CA, and the ramp down starts again over 30 - 45 minutes and once we hit 9 it happens again. May be way off on the explanation though cool to see the data behind this. May be switch to a compatible o2/pulse monitor so I can add that to the graph too.

Thank you again

[attachment=19402][attachment=19400][attachment=19401]
Post Reply Post Reply
Went back to 6 min 15 max and kept the EPR at 2. Figured I could see if lower back down would help though AHI went up to 10.49, highest yet. I wasn't congested and went to bed relatively on time as well. Still feel better though not as good and rested as I did previously. Going to try with EPR off and 5.4/15 since I saw the best AHI on that.

It sounds like the CAs may not be easily treated by APAP/CPAP. Is there a different method I should look at to assist with please? BIPAP? Seems like this is helping and more data is needed though curious on your thoughts.

Post Reply Post Reply
Try EPR =1 tonight.

If that doesn't work we can try EPR= 0

If that doesn't work we can talk about EERS which is about rebreathing a bit of your exhaled air to increase the amount of CO2 in your blood to raise the level to above your apneic threshold. BTW this is what lowering EPR is doing for you
Post Reply Post Reply
1/28 (6,15,EPR OFF) and 1/27 (6,15,EPR1). AHI significantly approved with the removal of EPR all together, makes sense on increasing the co2 amount. I noted the CA events were more average 15 seconds rather than the longer 45 seconds I was seeing before. Feel more rested today.

Fun fact, I awoke on 1/27 in the middle of the night due to a dream. I was sitting on the beginning of the supporting cables of the Mackinaw bridge staring out into the distance of the bridge. The dream was very vivid with white caps on the large waves beneath me, wind gusts blowing rain, and cold that I could feel and see as frost on the windings of the cables. The swells started to grow and the water quickly was overtaking the low part of the structure where I was sitting. Before I could move the water submerged me and I gasped for air only to drown and awake kicking and gasping in real life.. fun time. I sure Sigmund has something to say about this Big Grin

Last Night
[attachment=19521]

Night before
[attachment=19519]

Me drowning lol

Post Reply Post Reply
Thought I'd add to this with some more data in case others are going down the same journey. I've settled in on Min 6 Max 15 EPR 0 and am seeing an average over 5 days of 2.23 AHI. My mood and energy have noticeably improved overall, I'm definitely falling asleep better and waking up refreshed. The cool thing is I've gone to bed a 2AM a couple of times (total 6 hours sleep) and the quality of sleep I get usually helps enough to not make me extremely tired in the day as I usually would be.

I've been fighting with allergies a bit and have found that using the CPAP provides the nice filtered and warmed air which helps. I've also recently started taking D3 (allergies mainly and mood), magnesium (cognitive, allergies per some people), drinking dark coffee more than usual (allergies), and using Alaway for eyes. Other change I made was to ditch my 6 inch memory foam on the bed as I thought it might be pushing my head up during sleep, still testing that.

Latest 3 graphs attached, going to keep dialing it in and testing.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 17 343 Yesterday, 07:47 AM
Last Post: Old Steve
  Newer CPAP User, still snoring Warnick13 45 1,472 03-11-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: Warnick13
  [Pressure] New CPAP user - Please help interpreting graphs fsdx2004 40 2,034 03-07-2024, 08:01 AM
Last Post: fsdx2004
  [Symptoms] CPAP(UARS) user 10+ years, still feel terrible DB10 17 1,010 03-05-2024, 09:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question [Symptoms] New CPAP User, Started Snoring Again heyou 30 1,591 03-02-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: heyou
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 297 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky
  Long time CPAP user, first time here. Any insight is appreciated! TwoFistedWonderBrain 7 614 02-06-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: TwoFistedWonderBrain

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.