Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New CPAP User - AHI Unchanged from Prior to Treatment
RE: New CPAP User - AHI Unchanged from Prior to Treatment
I'd like to see you follow Bonjour's recommendation for lower EPR with higher minimum pressure and less variation in pressure. It looks to me like CPAP therapy should work fine for your obstructive apnea, but we need to avoid pressure variations that disrupt sleep and contribute to CA events. I'm just posting my support for this approach, and have nothing additional to offer at this time.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New CPAP User - AHI Unchanged from Prior to Treatment
Hey all,

Here with an update. I adjusted my settings as requested (min 7, max 20, EPR off) a couple weeks ago and am back with an update. I'll attach some charts below to show where I'm at now. The new settings are giving me a little more trouble than I expected, mostly in terms of more leaks and minor aerophagia. I think these are getting better little by little, so I'm not sure my data is necessarily too representative yet. I also started using a new mask (same type, just a replacement) which I think may be contributing to the leaks.

I guess I feel tentatively optimistic but feel my results aren't too different yet. It does seem like my CA events are down slightly overall and my best nights are lower than I've ever hit before, but it's still pretty varied. Would be interested in any thoughts or recommendations you might have!

Here are a few more charts for your info:

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 21 412 3 hours ago
Last Post: Pawpri
Gross [Treatment] Successful Treatment... Still Significant Struggle TiredTim 0 50 Yesterday, 07:01 PM
Last Post: TiredTim
  Central Sleeping Apnea treatment ivan007 5 212 03-21-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Are these centrals likely to be treatment induced? thesingingchef 2 120 03-21-2024, 12:36 AM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  Newer CPAP User, still snoring Warnick13 45 1,486 03-11-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: Warnick13
  New to CPAP - Could Use Some Help For Treatment chrotteg 8 281 03-10-2024, 05:51 PM
Last Post: chrotteg
  [Pressure] New CPAP user - Please help interpreting graphs fsdx2004 40 2,040 03-07-2024, 08:01 AM
Last Post: fsdx2004

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.