Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed P30i Cleaning
Resmed P30i Cleaning
I am having problems cleaning and drying my p30i and frame.
I can follow the instructions on cleaning but I can't get all the last pools of water out from the mask and worse still from the frame.
They don't seem to air dry fully with in the 14 hours or so that they have before I need to wear them again.
Anyone have similar problems or any ideas on how to effectively dry the whole mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed P30i Cleaning
Not an issue, the air from the machine will dry them out real fast. There aren't any issues even when you clean your mask right before going to bed and its full of small droplets. Not an issue whatsover. Don't worry about it.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have heard some using the mask fit feature as a mask dryer. You can hook your mask up to the hose but don't put the mask on, then use your mask fit to blow a bit. Voila.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-07-2019, 08:06 AM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: I have heard some using the mask fit feature as a mask dryer.

That's what I do most of the time. Even when I give it enough time to dry out (more than 10-12 hours), there will still be some water left. So, I hook it up to the machine and use "mask fit" feature for about 10 minutes. That does it.

Sometimes, I wash and clean my mask just before going to bed, and then use "mask fit". That's what I was doing with my P10 mask, and now doing the same with my P30i.
Post Reply Post Reply
So why is my mask and tubes have loads of water in them even if the started the night dry. Eventually the water starts effecting my sleep - if I get up middle of the night I come back to a wet pillow from the hose.
Post Reply Post Reply
I would think that if you start out dry, you're humidifier is set too high and/or hose temperature too low.
Post Reply Post Reply
It sounds like you are experiencing "Rainout".  This occurs when you have the humidity level set so high that condensation is forming as the air comes into contact with the ambient temperature of the your sleeping area.   What setting do you have it set to?  Another consideration is to use the Resmed Climateline heated hose.  Rainout elimination is what the Climateline is designed for.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your mask doesn't dry fully when you go to wear it after washing it earlier in the day because the vapour pressure of water in the place you live is insufficient to make it evaporate (sublimate).  This could be due to one of two factors: the air temperature and the local level of humidity.  If the air is too cold to hold moisture well, it won't absorb it.  So, what is around here and there in pools simply won't evaporate, at least not much of it over time.  That's why dish rags left out in the cool night on the clothes line are still wet next morning.  Also, they are wet because the air already is at capacity; it just cannot hold more moisture than it already has.

Again, if wet or damp items aren't dry later in the day, it's almost certainly because the air is at its capacity for moisture content.  If you want stuff to dry, you have to warm the air, or get more water off/out of the item first, best a little of both.

I wear an N20 nasal mask that most often has a few drops of water left in it when I go to re-assemble my headgear each night.  Often, though, my mask is quite dry when I awaken.  This is because, between my breath warming the interior of the mask, and my rather large nose radiating heat into it, plus the fact that I have my heating and moisture controls at their lowest possible settings (I live in the PWN where it is at least 50% humidity and often well north of 80%), there is no chance of condensation inside the mask.

What I do when I wash my mask is to jerk it in the air to free what water I can, and then tap it on my clean palm, and finally on the countertop lightly to jar what else I can jar loose.  Then, leave the item near a cracked window where outgoing or incoming air will help to dry it a bit more.  If you trust yourself and your oven, you could warm the oven to about 50 deg C or less and leave the item on a tray for a couple of hours, ideally with the convection fan running.  It's not at all an eco-friendly solution, but it would work.  Just don't melt or smoke your mask!!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  cleaning CPAP tube sleepingbetterinFl 6 222 03-14-2024, 10:34 AM
Last Post: apnea505
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 169 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey
Money cleaning thread? TinyBubbles 19 7,795 02-27-2024, 10:57 AM
Last Post: Frankiboy
  One-Piece Water Chamber Cleaning Davebr60 0 183 02-26-2024, 11:12 PM
Last Post: Davebr60
  Resmed P30i Nasal Pillow Fix cjtownsend1 1 265 02-25-2024, 10:02 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [CPAP] Massive leakage with new P30i unlockingsleep 2 258 02-25-2024, 03:14 AM
Last Post: fsdx2004
  Cleaning CPAP & AirTouch F20 Mask PoutinePrincess 2 343 02-10-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.