Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New CPAP User Looking for Sleepyhead Data Interpretation
New CPAP User Looking for Sleepyhead Data Interpretation
I was recently diagnosed with severe sleep apnea and have been using an Airsense 10 machine for the past 19 days.  I feel like I'm doing pretty well but would appreciate if someone who has more experience in looking at Sleepyhead data could take a look and let me know if there is anything that I should be concerned about or discussing with my doctor.  I've attached a statistics overview and my graphs from my most recent night's sleep.  Thanks in advance.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New CPAP User Looking for Sleepyhead Data Interpretation
Hi pcplus2,
Welcome to Apnea Board!
Your numbers are excellent.  I don't see much you need to change with an AHI <1.  

You may in time want to narrow that pressure range a little, something around 8 minimum and 14 maximum.  The main reason for raising the minimum a bit is due to the snoring I see on your graphs, but overall very good readings.
Just curious, what was your AHI when tested? You are doing very well for just starting out.

Most important is how you feel.

If you want to learn more about #SleepyHead and how to interpert graphs:
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...SleepyHead

Also, see my signature line below on how or arrange your graphs, take a screenshot and upload them here.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
While there are some snores that cause an increase in pressure, I'm not going to argue with results less than 1 AHI. The machine is able to prevent events from it's current settings. If you choose to raise the minimum, don't go too fast. This looks pretty close to perfect, and some of the best results I have seen from a new user, or a veteran user for that matter. I would leave it be.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi pcplus2,

Congratulations on having a very successful start.

After a week or longer it is very common for CPAPers to feel uncomfortably starved for air when the Min Pressure is as low as 4 or 5 or 6. Feel free to adjust Min Pressure higher for best comfort.

I usually suggest raising the Min Pressure to around 2 or 3 lower than the 90 or 95 percentile pressure. The 90% Pressure is the pressure (during inhalation) that the mask was at or lower than for at least 90% of the night (session). The 90% Pressure is also the pressure the mask was at or above for at least 10% of the night.

Take care,
--- Vaughn
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
WOW

that is a great start.  Clinically I don't see any reason to change anything.  These are the results we all shoot for.

The real question is how do you feel.  Pretty much any adjustments from here should be for your comfort, so again, How do you feel, any difficulty with pressures? anything else?

Again these are great results

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi pcplus2,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
You are off to a great start, keep up the good work.
Good luck to you on your CPAP journey.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 0 52 03-17-2024, 07:09 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  Newer CPAP User, still snoring Warnick13 45 1,374 03-11-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: Warnick13
  First time looking at graphs interpretation help smallhandsfeeding 1 228 03-11-2024, 08:12 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  [CPAP] New to cpap! Just wondering if my data looks ok so far wwjkcd 1 144 03-08-2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Pressure] New CPAP user - Please help interpreting graphs fsdx2004 40 1,936 03-07-2024, 08:01 AM
Last Post: fsdx2004
  [Symptoms] CPAP(UARS) user 10+ years, still feel terrible DB10 17 941 03-05-2024, 09:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  APAP Trial - First Night's Results - Interpretation? Juicy 9 4,159 03-04-2024, 09:34 AM
Last Post: colethegamer

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.