Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New CPAP User - Nasal Pillow Mask Anxiety
RE: New CPAP User - Nasal Pillow Mask Anxiety
In my experience, masks made a difference. I've been using nasal masks due to more consistently lower CA values.

If a mask is giving you lower values consistently, and you feel better. I would go with that mask.

I could never figure out underlying reasons for this phenomena.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have tried many masks; P30i gives me the best results but, it took me several days to get used to it. Stick with what works best for you.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, plakky. I’m going to look into that right now.
Post Reply Post Reply
KeepingItSimple - the price for the Dreamwear headgear on Amazon is very reasonable.  (Horizontal hair part or ponytail to hold down strap and/or "vet wrap" adhesive bandage  also are additional "helps" for the sliding-up issue). Good luck!!
Post Reply Post Reply
The sliding up is fixed with headgear with arms. Just search Amazon for that and it does not slip up.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 52 1,354 8 hours ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  Adjusting to Nasal Pillow Mask DenKen31 9 988 04-12-2024, 09:57 PM
Last Post: MaskedOne
  [CPAP] New CPAP User - Help Understanding CPAP data and Pressure Spikes Sleepin 3 152 04-12-2024, 06:36 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  New to CPAP and struggling with my mask. jmswjunk4 2 85 04-11-2024, 10:21 AM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  Cpap Mask Marks on Face and neck newtothis1 3 130 04-06-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: cdplatt
  Bed Pillow Question SheShells23 5 243 03-25-2024, 08:34 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  How can I rectify skin breakage from nasal mask? evenflow 2 161 03-20-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.