Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New CPAP User, Trying to Reduce CA's
RE: New CPAP User, Trying to Reduce CA's
In my opinion based on my own usage of the ASV, turn a blind eye to the flow limit chart. It appears FL aren't dealt with so much with the ASV, likely based on the algorithm assigned event trigger. I got frequent low to no FL but I'm almost always different than anyone else when it comes to Apnea and Respiratory issues.

On OSCAR, you can safely push the FL chart further down to allow a more needed chart to come up. Maybe mask pressure.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Things are going great with the ASV. AHI has been under 1 every night.

However, I was having some mouth leak issues with my P30i (even with mouth tape) so I switched back to my F30.

However, the F30 would always break it's seal once the IPAP pressure increases past 12 or so. So I tightened it down to try and stop that, but then it was too tight and uncomfortable.

Thinking I might go back to the P30i and just let it leak as it didn't seem to affect my therapy much.

I do find the P30i let's out quite a bit of air constantly in the elbow connector vent. I'm sure it's normal, but quite surprising how much more is coming out of there vs when I used this mask with the airsense 10 autoset.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use the F30, and I find it best to 'rotate' the headstraps so that the top strap is further back and the backstrap is pretty low towards my neck.   Everyone's face is different of course.
Cool to see that you scooped such a good deal on the asv.
Post Reply Post Reply
I tried and F30 but couldn't stop leaks. I prefer the F20, something worth trying if you haven't already.
Post Reply Post Reply
What rates are your leaks? It may not be very high and it may not be a long duration. Just monitor these both and pay particularly attention if they go up and stay there, that's where it'll mess up therapy.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 21 415 3 hours ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  How do I reduce mouth leaking? meatheadmd 6 372 Yesterday, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Old Codger
  Trying to Reduce CA Events chrotteg 10 351 03-26-2024, 11:08 PM
Last Post: chrotteg
  Newer CPAP User, still snoring Warnick13 45 1,486 03-11-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: Warnick13
  [Pressure] New CPAP user - Please help interpreting graphs fsdx2004 40 2,040 03-07-2024, 08:01 AM
Last Post: fsdx2004
  [Symptoms] CPAP(UARS) user 10+ years, still feel terrible DB10 17 1,016 03-05-2024, 09:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question [Symptoms] New CPAP User, Started Snoring Again heyou 30 1,592 03-02-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: heyou

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.