Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New CPAP User ready to quit - Central Apnea, ASV
RE: New CPAP User ready to quit - Central Apnea, ASV
Hello all.  I wanted to give an update on my progress.  I am working my way through this.  Two days ago they put me on a new Bipap machine.  So far it has been worse than ever with the Dream Mapper app showing 197 clear air apneas last night.  I am posting last night's data.  Praying that my body getting used to the machine will resolve a lot of this and I may get a good night's sleep!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry for delivering bad news, I don't think there's any way to just get used to that. Action needs to rectify that mess.

Please indulge us with refreshing memories. Did you post a sleep study, and what was the central vs obstructive apnea event numbers?

I think that your PS of only 4 is a culprit. You should have a range in play (PS Min setting 4 PS Max setting something above 4) with PS 4 holding the Min setting, with something at tentatively at 9 or higher to fill in the PS Max. In my ASV use for 2 plus years, PS affects the ASV power to control CA, where EPAP controls OA in my opinion.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I would start a daily routine which includes a call to your doctor saying that it is not working yet and on your part, until you get input from him, reduce your PS as that, on this machine, will have the biggest impact.  You need a titration study that includes an ASV.
Post Reply Post Reply
That's true, an ASV would take care of those CA events. I need new glasses, I saw PS settings and I goofed and thought I saw ASV in the chart. Oh-jeez

Well we have members that have experience in helping navigate the minefield onto an ASV. Let us know how we can assist.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/attachm...?aid=16500

The sleep study doesn’t even discuss centrals but they’ve been my issue since I started.
Post Reply Post Reply
and thus my suggestion to be a squeaky wheel, call your doctor daily and complain that it still is not working, and get some grease.
Post Reply Post Reply
I like that.  If I hadn’t been that “squeak” before I would never have even gotten to the BIPAP machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
Respectful to the doc will help them want to help you. Even so, squeak often and loud.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-23-2019, 09:18 PM)bonjour Wrote: and thus my suggestion to be a squeaky wheel, call your doctor daily and complain that it still is not working, and get some grease.

I agree. You have to be your own advocate. I was trying to think of anything you could do to help prod your sleep doc down the ASV rabbit hole. I guess rabbits can squeak. So you should too.

Best of luck. Keep us posted - hopefully of success.
RayBee

~ Self-Treatment - via ApneaBoard experts.
~ Self-Pay - no help from Kaiser other than getting my script, then a pat on the butt and out the door.
~ Self-Educated - via ApneaBoard experts, its many users, and posted reference material.
~ Complex Apnea - All Night AHI=34.2/h, Supine AHI=45.5/h
~ Using a 2021 16" MacBook Pro M1 Max, 32 GB, 1 TB, macOS Monterey V12.6.2.
~ Pay no attention to the dog behind the cup, he ain't a docta, and does not give medical advise.
~ Woof, woof.

I-love-Apnea-Board
Post Reply Post Reply
I'd consider showing Doc that OSCAR data. Ask if that's acceptable treatment for Apnea.
Better yet, state this is not acceptable treatment. Let's go after ASV.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 26 492 3 hours ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  please help me make sense of my central apneas p4ncaketim 27 602 9 hours ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Central while on ASV Boodmaster 11 2,524 03-26-2024, 02:37 AM
Last Post: Boodmaster
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,405 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 616 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Fixing (CPAP-induced?) central apneas Franko39 17 864 03-21-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: Franko39
  Ready to buy CPAP machine NewlyDiagnosed 29 633 03-21-2024, 01:42 PM
Last Post: NewlyDiagnosed

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.