Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New CPAP User self prescribed (OSCAR)
New CPAP User self prescribed (OSCAR)
Hey, I heard this forum was the place the post in regards to posting OSCAR data.  Right now I just started my cpap journey January 28 and have been struggling with using it for more then 3 hours.  

Queue me going through hell
  •   First it was a dry mouth that I had to deal with which I dealt with increasing the humidifier level. 

•   Then that caused me to get rainout with the cpap so I decided to lower the cpap on the floor temporarily and decrease my room A/C temperature as well as buy a humidfier that runs all night 80-85 % humidity in my room. 

•   Then it was a mouth leak that would wake me up so I taped my mouth shut with one strip from under my nose to my chin. 
  •   The following night I woke up again to a mouth leak that was occurring from the side of my mouth so I decided to tape my entire lip. No more leaks from my mouth or nose. But for some damn reason out of no where I get this insanely dry throat that I previous never had(Feb 2th) as if my entire throat had been in the Sahara desert. I made sure to drink plenty of water before bed but that seemed to be helpless. I have a climate line heated tube coming today and also a cpap tube cover that is coming tomorrow so hopefully that will allow me to crank my humidity to 8(max). I figure I will try that first but if that doesn't work then I have no idea what to do. I don't know why it only occured when I taped my entire mouth shut. If anyone has any ideas or suggestions to as why that happens or how to fix that it would be greatly appreciated!

Any whom, I'm practically a rookie when it comes to all things cpap so please do tell me if I am doing something wrong. I bought this cpap by myself as I woke up one day with a huge snoring/gasping/choking for air so loud it woke me up. I don't have as much OSCAR data since I started recently but I will keep uploading more as I get more data. The sleep I get with the machine is great until it wakes me up Sad

Other details that might matter
  • 20 years old
  • Friends and Family members say I snore.
  • I would wake up with a migraine if I had bad sleep
  • Currently at 147 pounds at 5,10' at around 10-12% bodyfat.
  • I know for certain that I snore on my back worse but not on my side as much.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New CPAP User self prescribed (OSCAR)
Welcome to the forum.

Your numbers say you need no adjustments.
Your comfort says otherwise.

Try this

Min Pressure=7, to allow room for EPR and increase your pressure a little just for comfort.

Set EPR=3, again for comfort

Set Max=10, you could set it to 20 and it shouldn't make any difference.

The repost and let's us know how that feels
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you, I will make sure to try this tonight. I just got the climateline and set my humidifier to 8 and temperature to 80 degrees. Do you think that the temperature is high enough or should I put it higher to compensate for the humidifier level? Or should it be on auto all together?
Post Reply Post Reply
I would try auto, that's how I use mine. But humidification has very personal perceptions and none of them are wrong unless the settings produce rainout/ condensation inside the mask.

The purpose of the heated tube is not to heat the air you breathe but to prevent condensation in the hose. You will barely perceive the difference in temp uncommon , or not notice at all which is much more common.
Post Reply Post Reply
hey, getting great scores. you are not tracking snores - which the machine can track. Besides the headaches, I cannot see any reason to believe you have apnea. No sweat using the machine if you don't have apnea, but at least track the things you know you do have in more quantity and intensity without it.

Good luck.

If you do want the EPR, be sure to put EPR on full time instead of just Ramp only.

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oscar CPAP Optimization Results-Awesome!? SeePak 18 335 30 minutes ago
Last Post: SeePak
  [CPAP] OSCAR Data Review for New User goodfella7763 3 157 9 hours ago
Last Post: goodfella7763
  New Bilevel user help with settings (oscar attached) opo218 6 122 Yesterday, 02:56 PM
Last Post: opo218
  [CPAP] New CPAP User - Help Understanding CPAP data and Pressure Spikes Sleepin 3 148 04-12-2024, 06:36 AM
Last Post: Expat31
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 44 1,290 04-05-2024, 08:17 AM
Last Post: Pawpri
  First night CPAP + OSCAR data Ostrich 3 225 04-04-2024, 08:32 AM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  New APAP user looking for guidance on interpreting OSCAR Data MildOSAHighRera 8 636 03-30-2024, 05:52 PM
Last Post: MildOSAHighRera

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.