Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New CPAP machine. I have some questions
RE: New CPAP machine. I have some questions
It looks like you aren't using EPR.  From what I could make out on your original post, you don't have Cheyne-Stokes respiration, just a little periodic breathing. I've attached an image showing what CSR looks like.

A central apnea is flagged whenever you pause for 10 seconds or more between breaths.  Pauses are pretty natural after you've had a flurry of heavier breathing, which often occurs when you experience an arousal.  The arousal breathing cleared out some CO2, which reduced your "breathe now" impulse.  The real problem is the arousal, not the CA.

In any case, the number of CAs you are having is a cause for zero concern.  

I'm glad you'll be having another sleep study.  I also hope you're getting a medical work-up to explore other reasons for your continuing tiredness.  You may need to press your primary care physician for help on that score.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New CPAP machine. I have some questions
First your CA events are not high enough to be a concern. The charts in post #2 show some signs of CO2 induced breathing. It Just might become more prominent with EPR increased.

Your flow limits are just above what we like to see so I'm suggesting to try EPR=1 fulltime. This is a cautious setting
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 160 03-27-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 93 03-27-2024, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
  Need help new on CPAP machine Jimasripper 10 312 03-22-2024, 03:08 PM
Last Post: Jimasripper
  Ready to buy CPAP machine NewlyDiagnosed 29 634 03-21-2024, 01:42 PM
Last Post: NewlyDiagnosed
  Juniper's questions juniper 12 272 03-21-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: juniper
  UARS diagnosis? No improvements on CPAP. What Bilevel machine to get and where? empiricismandstatistics 8 203 03-21-2024, 04:29 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  Is a travel CPAP machine worth it? BobbieM 21 5,747 03-14-2024, 01:55 PM
Last Post: tommystix

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.