Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New CPAP, new thread
RE: New CPAP, new thread
Toss the mask in storage, it still might be worth another try at some point. I am mountain time.
Post Reply Post Reply
Okay, mask is saved.

I forgot to put the SD card in the machine last night. So the 8 min/max test will wait one more night. At that pressure, it seemed that breathing was difficult.
Thanks to everyone who helps us get a better night's sleep.

Anything I post here or elsewhere on these forums is my opinion, not medical advice. Medical advice comes from a doctor.
An Advisory Member is a member of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.
Such membership does not imply medical expertise or qualifications for advising sleep apnea patients about their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Interesting that you say breathing feels difficult, it should feel easier at the lower pressures.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-11-2022, 09:32 PM)Geer1 Wrote: Interesting that you say breathing feels difficult, it should feel easier at the lower pressures.
As pressure gets lower, isn't the airway less likely to open? At zero pressure, it should be like
not wearing any CPAP equipment at all.

Anything I post here or elsewhere on these forums is my opinion, not medical advice. Medical advice comes from a doctor.
An Advisory Member is a member of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.
Such membership does not imply medical expertise or qualifications for advising sleep apnea patients about their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Apnea occurs when your muscles relax in your sleep. While awake and feeling the effects of the machine your airways should be open.

Do you find it difficult to breath when awake and not using CPAP?
Post Reply Post Reply
No.

Last night is full of OAs, many REs, and an occasional H. There are many flow waveforms that look like OAs but are
not classified as such. Setup as before: towel roll restricting head, mouth taped, on back, pillows mask, 3M collar.
Two bathroom breaks.

Change the collar? I'm still figuring out the instructions.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Interesting.

Your AHI was obviously higher than I would like to see (but lower than the previous night with higher pressures) and there were moments of higher flow limitation but on average this is some of your best breathing, fewest leaks and best ventilation numbers (tidal volume and minute ventilation).

I'd be curious to try this out another few nights to see how results vary. You could try your other collar as that may be more help than pressure.

Edit: What was your AHI for the other night at these settings (should be able to see AHI in OSCAR, just won't be able to see graphs)?
Post Reply Post Reply
Actually lets do a change now to make it a little bit easier to breath and help treat some of the flow limitations.

min 9, max 9, EPR 3
Post Reply Post Reply
OSCAR shows nothing for last night. 

Will set new values. Everything else will remain the same.

Post Reply Post Reply
Looks a lot like the previous post. OSs bunched more than earlier post.

Continue this for a few more days?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,964 359,647 Yesterday, 02:17 PM
Last Post: btreger
  MaggieL, Better than a Sweaty Zombie Meat Sack Therapy Thread MaggieL 37 1,076 04-16-2024, 06:00 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  sleepingbetterinFl - Therapy Thread sleepingbetterinFl 82 583 04-13-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Wjg's Therapy Thread wjg1 35 821 04-12-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: wjg1
  [Treatment] Valtor Therapy Thread - from Autoset to Vauto Valtor 50 1,381 04-12-2024, 09:24 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 34 2,773 04-08-2024, 03:26 PM
Last Post: IanD
  mallar's therapy thread mallar 11 281 04-06-2024, 09:27 PM
Last Post: Jay51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.