Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New CPAP, new thread
RE: New CPAP, new thread
Here's 3/19. More CAs, but AHIs are lower, especially divided
between the two sessions. First post shows whole night; first
session; second session.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks to everyone who helps us get a better night's sleep.

Anything I post here or elsewhere on these forums is my opinion, not medical advice. Medical advice comes from a doctor.
An Advisory Member is a member of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.
Such membership does not imply medical expertise or qualifications for advising sleep apnea patients about their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Second post shows expansion late in the night; second,
more CAs later.

Same setup as earlier, min/max=11, EPR 1.

Anything I post here or elsewhere on these forums is my opinion, not medical advice. Medical advice comes from a doctor.
An Advisory Member is a member of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.
Such membership does not imply medical expertise or qualifications for advising sleep apnea patients about their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
It is interesting that at lower pressures you only had obstructive apnea and that raising the pressure only slightly appears to have caused central apnea effects but treated some of the obstruction. Kind of like a treatment emergent CA pattern.

Lets try a slightly higher pressure and see if it makes things better or worse. Min/max = 13, EPR = 1.
Post Reply Post Reply
Okay. 

Wrote my sleep doc, asking about his experience with palatal prolapse.
Will probably hear back Monday.

Post Reply Post Reply
Is there any useful info in this Overview?

Doggone screen is too short.

Post Reply Post Reply
The main thing that overview shows is that your AHI is higher now than it used to be at the same pressure. I don't think that it tells the whole story though and if you post the TV and MV charts I believe they will show significant increase.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-20-2022, 05:20 PM)Geer1 Wrote: The main thing that overview shows is that your AHI is higher now than it used to be at the same pressure. I don't think that it tells the whole story though and if you post the TV and MV charts I believe they will show significant increase.

Here's what I think you've asked for.
Not sure they show what you expect.

Post Reply Post Reply
The graph is cut off so we can't see median MVs. Leak rate would be interesting to see as well.
Post Reply Post Reply
Will move stuff around so all of those graphs are visible.

Here's 3/20. I checked how I felt before viewing the graphs.
Red and Dave suggest this. I felt more awake and alert this
morning. Got stuff done. So that agrees with the 4+ AHI.

The leaks timing also agrees with the night's activities. I was
sweating (very interesting dream) and the tape got loose. At
the bathroom break, I dried off and replaced it.

Post Reply Post Reply
Here are Overviews for TV, MV, and Leak Rate.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  MaggieL, Better than a Sweaty Zombie Meat Sack Therapy Thread MaggieL 40 1,209 Yesterday, 02:28 PM
Last Post: MaggieL
  LongDaysPleasantNights' Therapy Thread LongDaysPleasantNights 4 120 04-21-2024, 05:34 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 31 1,448 04-20-2024, 07:27 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,964 362,495 04-18-2024, 02:17 PM
Last Post: btreger
  sleepingbetterinFl - Therapy Thread sleepingbetterinFl 82 771 04-13-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Wjg's Therapy Thread wjg1 35 868 04-12-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: wjg1
  [Treatment] Valtor Therapy Thread - from Autoset to Vauto Valtor 50 1,438 04-12-2024, 09:24 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.