Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New CPAP, new thread
RE: New CPAP, new thread
Got any duct tape kicking around? Just kidding, medical tape works better. Tape is something you could try while waiting for a mask.

You have been using the higher pressure for a while now. I am curious if you feel like there has been any difference, better or worse?
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-24-2022, 06:29 PM)Geer1 Wrote: Got any duct tape kicking around? Just kidding, medical tape works better. Tape is something you could try while waiting for a mask.

You have been using the higher pressure for a while now. I am curious if you feel like there has been any difference, better or worse?

Yeah, I could try it. I may yet. Any thoughts about painter’s tape?

Min. pressure was set from 8 to 11. I don’t feel any difference.
The mouth breathing seems to dominate everything.

Meanwhile, the sleep doc took over getting CPAP data. Today
the DME called, wondering why they weren’t getting any data.
It sounds like they will share. How sweet.

Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Thanks to everyone who helps us get a better night's sleep.

Anything I post here or elsewhere on these forums is my opinion, not medical advice. Medical advice comes from a doctor.
An Advisory Member is a member of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.
Such membership does not imply medical expertise or qualifications for advising sleep apnea patients about their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Painters tape might have something in the goo that wouldn't be ideal, probably best to stick with some medical tape if trying it. If you have a first aid kit might already have some, if not it isn't a bad thing to have on hand.
Post Reply Post Reply
Progress. My insurance is basic, so no coverage
for durable med. equipment.

It’s either Medicare or out-of-wallet.

Wrote my doc to get an Rx for the F&P Vitera. Will get
the Fit Pack that includes all 3 cushion sizes. Supplier
#1 includes free return insurance, and I get a price
break as a first-timer there. So my cost will be
in the range $100 - $150. Not too bad.

Best,

Harv

Anything I post here or elsewhere on these forums is my opinion, not medical advice. Medical advice comes from a doctor.
An Advisory Member is a member of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.
Such membership does not imply medical expertise or qualifications for advising sleep apnea patients about their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
F&P masks seem to be more reasonable in price as opposed to other manufacturers.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-25-2022, 04:30 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: F&P masks seem to be more reasonable in price as opposed to other manufacturers.

Supplier#1 provides impressive discounts.
The other possibility is that it’s/their price
is only slightly higher than what they pay,
and the numbers you see elsewhere are
reflecting a humongous markup. But that’s
just skeptical me.

It’s afternoon on a Friday, and offices
are winding down. I’m afraid I wsn’t see
the Rx until Monday. Sigh…

Post Reply Post Reply
Any order can be submitted to Supplier #1 along with the phone number and/or fax to your doctor's office, and you will not need to wait. They will directly verify the prescription. If you have a copy of your prescription for CPAP, they will not ask for a separate prescription for any model of mask. Just call and order. If you have an existing prescription of any kind, your order will be completed. I have a standing prescription with them from 2008 and they have never asked for an update.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-25-2022, 04:08 PM)midwestguy Wrote: Progress. My insurance is basic, so no coverage
for durable med. equipment.

It’s either Medicare or out-of-wallet.

Wrote my doc to get an Rx for the F&P Vitera. Will get
the Fit Pack that includes all 3 cushion sizes. Supplier
#1 includes free return insurance, and I get a price
break as a first-timer there. So my cost will be
in the range $100 - $150. Not too bad.

Best,

Harv

Ha! The gods smile on me. Sleep doc's nurse sent the Rx fast.
Order has been placed, will probably ship Monday. As a first-
time client, they knocked 20% off, so I paid $94.20. Great!

Best,

Harv

Post Reply Post Reply
F&P Vitera mask:

Mask arrived Wed. Used it last night. I followed the instructions  
carefully. In spite of that, could not get a good seal. The result
was a disaster that's pointless to post. The graphs look like an
earthquake.

Using a M/L headgear, medium cushion. They should be okay,
from the instructions and reviews I've seen.

Please suggest adjustments to the straps(?) which are unclear
in the instructions. I tried tightening the lower ones, which
didn't help. The upper ones are fairly loose.

Thanks,

Harv

Post Reply Post Reply
Did you use the lower straps to control the leaking and leave the top straps loose?  Overtightening the top straps will guarantee mask leaks. Also, you must allow the roll seal room to inflate, then adjust to stop the leaks.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,086 03-27-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,271 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 970 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,219 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Jan's - Therapy Thread Jan Flikweert 71 2,592 03-21-2024, 11:01 PM
Last Post: Jan Flikweert
  brainfoggysleeper's Therapy Thread brainfoggysleeper 23 542 03-21-2024, 08:38 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  SleepyLlama therapy thread SleepyLlama 5 237 03-20-2024, 03:30 PM
Last Post: jcp519

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.