Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New CPAP, new thread
RE: New CPAP, new thread
I am not familiar with the mask but if you use mask fit function on your machine it will blow higher pressure and you can adjust the straps as necessary to minimize leaks.

This video shows how to fit vitera.

https://youtu.be/bceEvGuRl2o
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, geer1

Harv
Thanks to everyone who helps us get a better night's sleep.

Anything I post here or elsewhere on these forums is my opinion, not medical advice. Medical advice comes from a doctor.
An Advisory Member is a member of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.
Such membership does not imply medical expertise or qualifications for advising sleep apnea patients about their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-03-2022, 05:18 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Did you use the lower straps to control the leaking and leave the top straps loose?  Overtightening the top straps will guarantee mask leaks.  Also, you must allow the roll seal room to inflate, then adjust to stop the leaks.

Thanks, Red. Top straps are loose. Not sure about giving the roll seal enough room.

Between your tips and geer1’s, things should improve tonight.

Best,

Harv

Anything I post here or elsewhere on these forums is my opinion, not medical advice. Medical advice comes from a doctor.
An Advisory Member is a member of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.
Such membership does not imply medical expertise or qualifications for advising sleep apnea patients about their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Still no joy

Tightened lower straps on the Vitera. Leaks seemed to be gone.
After a while, they started up again. Haven't touched upper straps.
Without posting the graphs, AHI was 19+, pressure range was 11 to
16, EPR 2.

Have reviewed the F&P video (thanks geer1) and the mask instructions.
Will try again later today. Need a restful nap.

Post Reply Post Reply
Give me a minute to get a coffee and I'll post my way of adjusting the Vitera.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

1. Start by lying back on the bed with machine on
  2. Put mask on, bottom pair and top pair are very loose
  3. Pull bottom set to where it just adds slight tension and fasten Velcro, this will be just barely any tension
  4. Same for top set
  5. Next, loosen top of the head strap
  6. Pull mask straight up off your face, resettle lower so that top mask point is lower on nasal bridge, but not so low that lower seal edge goes too far down
  7. Lock top of head strap
  8. Gently shake mask up/down and left/right
  9. If there's leaks at the top add a bit of tension on the bottom and vice versa, go very small adjustments
  10. Try that and see how it goes, if there's leaks in the middle of the night pull mask up off face and reset it without releasing straps, seal can pop back into place then
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, Dave.

Plan is to set minimum session length so that nap will be recorded.

Best,

Harv

Post Reply Post Reply
You should post your results so we can see what the apnea look like.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-04-2022, 12:22 PM)Geer1 Wrote: You should post your results so we can see what the apnea look like.

Okay. Machine info is wrong. Mask is full-face, F&P Vitera. Don't see where to fix that in OSCAR profile.
I thought OSCAR got that from somewhere.

Anyway, off to nap. Will use Dave's detailed Vitera instructions.
Wish me luck.

Harv

Post Reply Post Reply
Midwestguy, you can update your profile information on the Apnea Board site by going to the user control panel (CP) here http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/usercp.php

Looks like you are right back to the old high level of AHI, clustered positional obstructive apnea, crazy leaks and poor sleep. Sorry to see this.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,057 10 hours ago
Last Post: WW4B
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,257 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 950 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,193 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Jan's - Therapy Thread Jan Flikweert 71 2,572 03-21-2024, 11:01 PM
Last Post: Jan Flikweert
  brainfoggysleeper's Therapy Thread brainfoggysleeper 23 514 03-21-2024, 08:38 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  SleepyLlama therapy thread SleepyLlama 5 230 03-20-2024, 03:30 PM
Last Post: jcp519

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.