Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Respironics REMstar C-flex
Respironics REMstar C-flex
I am 40 days into cpap therapy. I have a Resmed for her. Using the p10 nasal pillow. I feel it has revolutionize my life. No more headaches in the morning, no waking up feeling worse than what I did when I went to bed....a ton of energy. My AHI score pre therapywas 16.7.

My aunt is 5 foot and prob weighs 250 lbs. She too has been dx with sleep apnea. I have not seen her sleep study report. She has had multiple heart attacks. I have spoken to her about how I now feel and how untreated sleep apnea will increase your morality rate and or cardiac occurances.

My aunt was given a c apap machine throught a free clinic. She does not have health insurance. She was given a
Respironics
REMstar C-Flex
Model no 1009586
Serial no 3994390

She was also given nasal pillows to wear. She does not live in the same state I am. I would like to do some background reading on her machine. Further, I would like to converse with someone that is knowledgeable about the machine and/or if the machine is a brick .

Is there a manual here somewhere that I could read?

Any and all informtion would be greatly appreciated. I have a vested interest in seeing all people with sleep apnea and or UARS.

JenJEN
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Respironics REMstar C-flex
You may be able to identify which machine your aunt has from the link below.

http://www.apneaboard.com/cpap-machine-p...ur-machine

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The model Remstar Plus with C-Flex 109586 is a constant pressure CPAP that was discontinued in 2007 and replaced by the M-Series. It has no efficacy data capability. My advise to to ensure she has paper copies of her prescription and sleep study so she can avoid the cost of future doctor visits. She may qualify for a machine through Medicare or her State health care system, and that is worth checking out. The best cost on worthwhile new and used machines are from Supplier #2 and Amazon, or your local Craigslist if you know what you're doing. Having a prescription in hand allows you to purchase the best offer from any vendor or qualify for an insurance replacement with a contemporary CPAP or APAP model.

[Image: 1009586-2.jpg?1353507131]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
This is just my opinion, but I would hesitate to buy from Craig's list unless you really know what you are looking for.

Since we don't know your aunts financial situation, if she is able to buy on her own, then she may do better with Supplier #2 from the supplier list at the top of the page.

They have a good reputation and many folk here on this forum have purchased from them.
She will need a doctors prescription.

They sell gently used machines and also new open box machines.

Also, here is a link to help you when looking for machines to know what to avoid.
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ne_Choices

Sorry that your aunt was given a "brick", but at least it is better than nothing until she can purchase a better machine.

Good luck in helping your aunt...she is lucky to have you. Smile

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi JenJen,
It's great to hear that you are looking out for your aunt, she is very fortunate to have you.
I wish you good luck with finding her a machine to treat her sleep apnea.
Hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,065 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 380 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  Complete Newb trying a Respironics Legacy CPAP for the first time. Dmickey68 5 231 02-28-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Dreamwear Philips Respironics mask altrout 12 787 02-12-2024, 03:04 PM
Last Post: tbhausen
  Returning defective machines to Philips Respironics big_dave 5 675 02-04-2024, 02:15 PM
Last Post: big_dave
  Philips Respironics DreamStation check power Steve Foley 18 22,419 01-07-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: zebedee
  Philips Respironics DreamStation not reaching Max Pressure Xsoldier2000 15 2,297 01-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Tom Buck

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.