Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New CPAP user
New CPAP user
Hi. I've been almost two weeks on my new CPAP machine and I'm a bit bummed out this morning.

I've read the stats each morning online for my usage, etc. Last night my average "episodes" were 4.1/hour. I don't like that!!!

It's been as low as .8 - and I don't understand how it could go that high. I'm wondering if I'm getting too acclimated to it....the "pressure" isn't very strong at all to me...

Opinions?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New CPAP user
Is the pressure still set to 7? Are you having leak issues?
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New CPAP user
(08-30-2015, 01:06 PM)Alexa Wrote: Hi. I've been almost two weeks on my new CPAP machine and I'm a bit bummed out this morning.

I've read the stats each morning online for my usage, etc. Last night my average "episodes" were 4.1/hour. I don't like that!!!

It's been as low as .8 - and I don't understand how it could go that high. I'm wondering if I'm getting too acclimated to it....the "pressure" isn't very strong at all to me...

Opinions?

We don't sleep the same night after night, variability is normal, and even the occasional AHI outlier (like your 4.1) happens to all of us. If you're seeing an upward trend in your AHI then it's time to look more closely at what's going on. It isn't always a matter of pressure -- sometimes leaks are compromising the therapy (or the reporting data), and sometimes you might have a restless sleep and pop a few central or "clear airway" apneas which are not treated with more pressure.

If you want to follow your therapy more closely you can get SleepyHead set up. You have a good, full data machine.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 27 507 54 minutes ago
Last Post: Old Steve
  Newer CPAP User, still snoring Warnick13 45 1,505 03-11-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: Warnick13
  [Pressure] New CPAP user - Please help interpreting graphs fsdx2004 40 2,046 03-07-2024, 08:01 AM
Last Post: fsdx2004
  [Symptoms] CPAP(UARS) user 10+ years, still feel terrible DB10 17 1,021 03-05-2024, 09:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question [Symptoms] New CPAP User, Started Snoring Again heyou 30 1,597 03-02-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: heyou
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 301 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky
  Long time CPAP user, first time here. Any insight is appreciated! TwoFistedWonderBrain 7 617 02-06-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: TwoFistedWonderBrain

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.