Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New CPAP user
    Last night was my 3rd night using CPAP. I have been able to keep it on the full 7 hours each night. The first night I got the green smiley face for mask leaks but when the respiratory therapist looked at the detail she said I had a 50% mask leak. I have had green smilies again the past 2 nights but don't know what to think now. I had 14 episodes an hour during my sleep study but the first night showed 16 on my machine. It showed 32 the second night and 21.8 last night. I feel like my mask is sealing. Resair says my scores have been 78, 90 and 94 for the past 3 nights. Can anyone give me any feedback?
Post Reply Post Reply
G'day Oceanadventurer, welcome to Apnea Board.

First off, it's great that you're able to achieve 7 hours per night right from the start. That's a bit of an achievement in itself.

I'm afraid I don't have a lot of confidence in the MyAir system - it's a bit too dumbed down for my liking. You'll find most of us here are data junkies and we like to drill down into the nitty gritty detail to really fine tune our therapy. The preferred tool for this is SleepyHead software http://sleepyhead.jedimark.net/ Download and install this, and you'll be able to see in great detail exactly what's happening on a breath-by-breath basis all night.

What I can tell you is that 21.8 events per hour is too high - you need to be below 5, preferably lower. So something is not working properly but I think we more detailed data to see what it is.
DeepBreathing
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Bed

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Can sleepyhead be downloaded on an IPhone?
Post Reply Post Reply

(07-21-2016, 06:41 AM)Oceanadventurer Wrote: Can sleepyhead be downloaded on an IPhone?

No, only a PC or Mac.
DeepBreathing
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Bed

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have downloaded Sleepyhead and have imported the data from the SD card. How do I go about sharing the detail with you?
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello Oceanadventurer. Welcome to the forum.

Use this link to learn how to organise your SleepyHead charts. The linked page has a link to another page on how to take screenshots of your charts and the second page has a link to a page on posting your screenshots using a third party website such as imgur.

You will need one more post to use the above method.

Post Reply Post Reply

Hi Oceanadventurer,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
It's good to hear that you have been able to sleep with your new mask and machine the last few nights.
Good luck to you with your CPAP therapy, and getting it fine-tuned to meet your needs.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New User [need help with my data] Recurve 55 2,224 11-19-2017, 11:29 AM
Last Post: nappyhair2
Question New user, are centrals normal in the beginning? and other Q's FunkOdyssey 10 240 11-08-2017, 05:17 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  Sleepyhead Results (New User) jrdnduvall 14 556 11-04-2017, 09:37 AM
Last Post: jrdnduvall
  Long time user, new machine - need help LabDog66 2 201 10-28-2017, 03:40 PM
Last Post: LabDog66
  New User - Swallowing air (Aerophagia) Carobu 37 1,455 10-28-2017, 06:43 AM
Last Post: Apnea Infant
  [Equipment] New CPAP user (almost) [equipment questions] CZOscar 11 423 10-19-2017, 07:34 PM
Last Post: CZOscar
  BiPAP Induced Central Apneas for New User (help)? STB123 30 993 10-19-2017, 10:25 AM
Last Post: STB123