Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New CPAP user
New CPAP user
    Last night was my 3rd night using CPAP. I have been able to keep it on the full 7 hours each night. The first night I got the green smiley face for mask leaks but when the respiratory therapist looked at the detail she said I had a 50% mask leak. I have had green smilies again the past 2 nights but don't know what to think now. I had 14 episodes an hour during my sleep study but the first night showed 16 on my machine. It showed 32 the second night and 21.8 last night. I feel like my mask is sealing. Resair says my scores have been 78, 90 and 94 for the past 3 nights. Can anyone give me any feedback?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New CPAP user
G'day Oceanadventurer, welcome to Apnea Board.

First off, it's great that you're able to achieve 7 hours per night right from the start. That's a bit of an achievement in itself.

I'm afraid I don't have a lot of confidence in the MyAir system - it's a bit too dumbed down for my liking. You'll find most of us here are data junkies and we like to drill down into the nitty gritty detail to really fine tune our therapy. The preferred tool for this is SleepyHead software http://OSCAR Official Download Page ----> CLICK HERE ./ Download and install this, and you'll be able to see in great detail exactly what's happening on a breath-by-breath basis all night.

What I can tell you is that 21.8 events per hour is too high - you need to be below 5, preferably lower. So something is not working properly but I think we more detailed data to see what it is.
Post Reply Post Reply
Can sleepyhead be downloaded on an IPhone?
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-21-2016, 06:41 AM)Oceanadventurer Wrote: Can sleepyhead be downloaded on an IPhone?

No, only a PC or Mac.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have downloaded Sleepyhead and have imported the data from the SD card. How do I go about sharing the detail with you?
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello Oceanadventurer. Welcome to the forum.

Use this link to learn how to organise your SleepyHead charts. The linked page has a link to another page on how to take screenshots of your charts and the second page has a link to a page on posting your screenshots using a third party website such as imgur.

You will need one more post to use the above method.

Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Oceanadventurer,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
It's good to hear that you have been able to sleep with your new mask and machine the last few nights.
Good luck to you with your CPAP therapy, and getting it fine-tuned to meet your needs.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 21 417 4 hours ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  Newer CPAP User, still snoring Warnick13 45 1,487 03-11-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: Warnick13
  [Pressure] New CPAP user - Please help interpreting graphs fsdx2004 40 2,041 03-07-2024, 08:01 AM
Last Post: fsdx2004
  [Symptoms] CPAP(UARS) user 10+ years, still feel terrible DB10 17 1,016 03-05-2024, 09:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question [Symptoms] New CPAP User, Started Snoring Again heyou 30 1,592 03-02-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: heyou
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 298 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky
  Long time CPAP user, first time here. Any insight is appreciated! TwoFistedWonderBrain 7 615 02-06-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: TwoFistedWonderBrain

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.