Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

S.'s SH Charts
RE: S.'s Sleepyhead Charts
Just left the new DME. The RT had a Dreamstation sitting on the desk and was ready to set S. up with it. I asked her as soon as we sat down if she would check to see if they had Autoset for Her in stock and told her it was the better machine. She complied. S. now has an Autoset for Her and she is happy. Bad news, I have to pay full price for supplies for my self because all 9f my machine experiments has knocked me out of compliance. She told me I have to "be a good boy" and "quit playing" and "use the machine" I'm "supposed to be using". I just laughed. I have to pull 30 days solid with the Dreamstation Auto to get back in the program. Good thing I have multiple wxtras for everything!
Jesse

Post Reply Post Reply
LOL, someone that tolerated a few nights on an ASV deserves some compliance slack.

Glad it all worked out as you wanted, and can't beat the Autoset For Her.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
S. is happy with her pretty machine so I am too. Got a little more information about changing DME providers but that's another thread and another time.
No complaints.
Jesse

Post Reply Post Reply
Kudos on getting machine of choice and the wife is happy too. Hope your non-compliance doesn't get you placed in the doghouse. Credit you with being more a rebel than I had thought.

Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Oooheee! I love stories with happy endings!  Sleeprider is right, "anybody that tolerated a few nights on an ASV deserves some compliance slack."

Hopefully you're on the frugal side and can delay getting supplies until you're back in compliance.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-22-2018, 08:42 PM)ShaunBlake Wrote: Oooheee! I love stories with happy endings!  Sleeprider is right, "anybody that tolerated a few nights on an ASV deserves some compliance slack."

Hopefully you're on the frugal side and can delay getting supplies until you're back in compliance.

I'm trying to break a mask cushion through use now that you mention it. I've been keeping a cushion clean clean every day to see just how many miles I can get out of it. I'm on the 3rd month. I wanna see where it will fail. So far I think the leaks might be the demise.
And I did get a bonus today while at the DME. Some one just before my appointment brought in a M series remstar pro. The machine was handled with water in the humidifier and now the humidifier knob led blinks. RT was moving it into the can and I asked if I could have it (I needed a case for the m series I have). Machine works but humidifier doesn't. Gonna crack it open in the morning and poke around a bit. Just for giggles.
Jesse

Post Reply Post Reply
Sounds like you’ll be opening you own CPAP rental business soon all models availiable  like
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-23-2018, 01:21 AM)jaswilliams Wrote: Sounds like you’ll be opening you own CPAP rental business soon all models availiable  like

I have captured a few. Other than duplicates, all the machines are very different, not only in appearance but in functionality as well. Which gets me my next idea.

I looked at S.'s new machine this morning. She registered an AHI of 0.3. I believe that might be her low. I've got her data from the Dreamstation Auto on an SD card put away, and I'm going to collect her data off the new Autoset for a week. Thinking about doing a side by side comparison. Any ideas on how to present that information? Obviuosly it will be sleepyhead. What should I include? If y'all are interested.
Post Reply Post Reply
I would think simple.  Typical Daily charts. Verbiage on the two machines, and I'd put it in the review forum, (DS vs Autoset comparison)
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-23-2018, 07:44 AM)bonjour Wrote: I would think simple.  Typical Daily charts. Verbiage on the two machines, and I'd put it in the review forum, (DS vs Autoset comparison)

Sounds good. I know it's a common topic among threads but I've not seen a comparison through sleepyhead.
Jesse

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Interpreting Charts to ID Potential Palatal Prolapse - Deep Sleep Issue reedro287 5 101 03-26-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Oscar Charts: Interrupted sleep with high heart rate xaid 1 106 03-19-2024, 08:15 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Help Interpreting Oscar Charts - Huge Clusters of OA Heaviside 3 376 02-22-2024, 09:58 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] New with CPAP Request Assist with OSCAR Charts YankeeLaker 18 1,121 01-30-2024, 07:56 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [CPAP] Some Oscar Charts from me Dataporter 3 259 01-28-2024, 09:15 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Looking for advice on my charts tiredguy1 10 679 01-26-2024, 12:34 PM
Last Post: tiredguy1
  Help reading Oscar Charts Wisurid 3 385 12-25-2023, 05:26 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.