Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New CPAP user...Any help with sleepyhead results appreciated!!!
New CPAP user...Any help with sleepyhead results appreciated!!!
I have been using the Aircurve 10 VAUTO for about 2 weeks now. Last night was the first time I was able to keep the mask on for over 7 hours. Any help or suggestions with my machine settings would be great! Here are my sleepyhead results from last night. I am using a nasal mask. Thanks again!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New CPAP user...Any help with sleepyhead results appreciated!!!
It would help usif you look at my signature and go to the how to orginize sleepyhead charts.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-21-2018, 09:40 PM)Gary1of2 Wrote: It would help usif you look at my signature and go to the how to orginize sleepyhead charts.

Ahhh thanks!

Ok here it is
[attachment=5029]

The second pic shows complete machine settings
[attachment=5030]

Thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply
To me overall your figures and settings don’t look too bad I would not be making any large changes at this time. I would be tempted to push up the epap pressure from 4 to a value nearer 4.5-5 but that would be all it may help the Hypopnea. I am very interested how you ended up with a BiLevel machine rather than a standard Autoset I see no reason in your figures other than a PS of 4.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your numbers look really good. I don't see anything alarming and overall I believe you have good therapeutic results.

2 questions.

1. Do you have the results of your sleep study?
2. How do you feel?

The sleep study will indicate the reason you are on BiPAP in the form of what kind of sleep apnea you have (complex, obstructive). And how you feel is a good gauge of sleep quality independent of focusing only on the numbers. Many new CPAP users will experience fatigue a short time after beginning therapy even though the numbers may be excellent.

Welcome to Apnea Board!
Jesse

Post Reply Post Reply
Numbers are fine. In fact you could be using an AirSense 10 instead of the VAUTO. I don't see anything in your numbers that requires a VAUTO. Something to consider if your in the market to buy. It would be a lot cheaper.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
As others have said your numbers are awesome.  I don't see any reason on your charts for you to be taking your mask off.

One suggestion we have for taking the mask off is to just use it.  By that I mean use it when you nap, and use it while reading or watching TV.  This is to help your body get used to used to a CPAP and learn that it is normal.  At 7.5 hrs I don't know if you need this.

Always a good idea to post your charts in your thread, that way we can see if what I suspect, that you have some complex apnea, (I can't tell from this chart), but without question your VAuto is treating you well.

Why do you think you took the mask off?

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-22-2018, 12:29 AM)jaswilliams Wrote: To me overall your figures and settings don’t look too bad I would not be making any large changes at this time. I would be tempted to push up the epap pressure from 4 to a value nearer 4.5-5 but that would be all it may help the Hypopnea. I am very interested how you ended up with a BiLevel machine rather than a standard Autoset I see no reason in your figures other than a PS of 4.

I ended up with this machine because I found it 'like new' on craigslist for $450 with new unopened tubing and nasal masks. I decided to not go the insurance route because of a co-worker who said he paid about the same price in co-payments and deductibles on his machine. Thanks for taking a look at my numbers!
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-22-2018, 06:46 AM)JesseLee Wrote: Your numbers look really good. I don't see anything alarming and overall I believe you have good therapeutic results.

2 questions.

1. Do you have the results of your sleep study?
2. How do you feel?

The sleep study will indicate the reason you are on BiPAP in the form of what kind of sleep apnea you have (complex, obstructive). And how you feel is a good gauge of sleep quality independent of focusing only on the numbers. Many new CPAP users will experience fatigue a short time after beginning therapy even though the numbers may be excellent.

Welcome to Apnea Board!
Here are my sleep study results

.pdf   Sleep Study.pdf (Size: 218.61 KB / Downloads: 28)

I feel pretty good but my mask usage has been sporadic especially in the beginning. Overall, the usage has been slowly increasing. The day after the sleepyhead results I posted I remember feeling very little fatigue. 

Thx for the info!
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-22-2018, 09:37 AM)bonjour Wrote: As others have said your numbers are awesome.  I don't see any reason on your charts for you to be taking your mask off.

One suggestion we have for taking the mask off is to just use it.  By that I mean use it when you nap, and use it while reading or watching TV.  This is to help your body get used to used to a CPAP and learn that it is normal.  At 7.5 hrs I don't know if you need this.

Always a good idea to post your charts in your thread, that way we can see if what I suspect, that you have some complex apnea, (I can't tell from this chart), but without question your VAuto is treating you well.

Why do you think you took the mask off?

Fred
I think the mask was coming off because I do tend to toss a bunch at night. I feel as though the tossing has been decreasing ever since I began using the machine. I believe I may only have had 8 nights using the machine prior to the results I posted, so I am still getting used to it. Thank you for your time!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 25 460 40 minutes ago
Last Post: Old Steve
  I need sleep badly! Any help with OSCAR is appreciated Quitethe1 75 1,714 1 hour ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 532 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
Question Not Sure if Setting Changes Helping - Help Appreciated! WiscoKate 6 154 03-25-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: WiscoKate
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 133 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  ResMed S9 AutoSet and OSCAR - Help Appreciated Slippy 12 474 03-16-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Slippy
  [CPAP] Please help me interpret my results baganaz 2 181 03-14-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: baganaz

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.