Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New CPAP user, help with settings
New CPAP user, help with settings
Hello,

I need some help adjusting the settings for my Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset, i am 29 years old and been recently diagnosed with severe OSA. I had always had trouble with my snoring since i was younger but never actually came around to getting it checked. After my sleep study (attached results), i was recommended an auto cpap with 5-20 cmh20 which obviously led me to my machine listed above. 

It has been about 2 weeks now, and i am still having trouble find the right settings to work for me. I have been trying to increase my lowest pressure and trying to interpret the date myself but i dont entirely think i am doing this right... At this time, i am still getting above 10 AHI and working to lower to that. I would love to get all yall recommendations. Please let me know if there is anything if any additional data is needed.

Thank you!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New CPAP user, help with settings
Welcome to the board. The experts on the board will be by to let you know what they see. I hope you can get those numbers down ASAP. I know this is hard to take in all of this!
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the forum,
and do you have a oximeter?  Your diagnostic test %showed 350 minutes below 88% and this level requires supplemental oxygen or other treatment to improve this.  CPAP will improve your oxygen levels but we want/need to verify this as it doesn't always.

Do you have a titration study?  it would show oxygen levels with a CPAP.

Your two daily graphs sho some different things.  We don't know if this is a trend or not but the higher pressure brings out central apneas in some, not all, people and you seem to be one of the lucky ones.
Your Flow limits are high and it would be nice if we can bring them down some.  These are best treated with Pressure Support or EPR.  This can also bring out central apneas.
So we are going to try and bring down your pressures and utilize EPR to treat flow limits, RERAs, hypopneas.

I suggest setting 
min Pressure = 10
EPR = 2, FullTime

Use overnight and repost.

Because your pre-CPAP O2 levels were consistently low I also suggest getting an OSCAR compatible pulse oximeter (see the oximetry wizard in OSCAR) To check your overnight oxygen levels.
Post Reply Post Reply
As far as an oxygen monitor you can get a cms 50f (you can down load to Oscar) from Amazon for about 100 or eBay for about 80. I had mine for about 2 months and it works well.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-14-2020, 05:50 PM)bonjour Wrote: Welcome to the forum,
and do you have a oximeter?  Your diagnostic test %showed 350 minutes below 88% and this level requires supplemental oxygen or other treatment to improve this.  CPAP will improve your oxygen levels but we want/need to verify this as it doesn't always.

Do you have a titration study?  it would show oxygen levels with a CPAP.

Your two daily graphs sho some different things.  We don't know if this is a trend or not but the higher pressure brings out central apneas in some, not all, people and you seem to be one of the lucky ones.
Your Flow limits are high and it would be nice if we can bring them down some.  These are best treated with Pressure Support or EPR.  This can also bring out central apneas.
So we are going to try and bring down your pressures and utilize EPR to treat flow limits, RERAs, hypopneas.

I suggest setting 
min Pressure = 10
EPR = 2, FullTime

Use overnight and repost.

Because your pre-CPAP O2 levels were consistently low I also suggest getting an OSCAR compatible pulse oximeter (see the oximetry wizard in OSCAR) To check your overnight oxygen levels.

Thank you all for your suggestions, i'll look into getting a oximeter. Thanks staceyburke for your recommendation.

I went ahead and popped the suggested settings. See attached.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
You are showing a lot of chin tucking here, you showed hints of it before but only hints. This must be beat before we can address other issues. Read the Soft Cervical Collar link in my signature.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 25 455 25 minutes ago
Last Post: Old Steve
  Newer CPAP User, still snoring Warnick13 45 1,490 03-11-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: Warnick13
  [Pressure] New CPAP user - Please help interpreting graphs fsdx2004 40 2,044 03-07-2024, 08:01 AM
Last Post: fsdx2004
  [Symptoms] CPAP(UARS) user 10+ years, still feel terrible DB10 17 1,018 03-05-2024, 09:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question [Treatment] help with oscar and CPAP settings SeanOZ 3 226 03-05-2024, 05:11 AM
Last Post: SeanOZ
Question [Symptoms] New CPAP User, Started Snoring Again heyou 30 1,593 03-02-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: heyou
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 299 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.