Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New CPAP user looking for OSCAR review (no DME)
RE: New CPAP user looking for OSCAR review (no DME)
(08-23-2020, 10:49 AM)Dormeo Wrote: Another vote for the VAuto.  I moved to it from an Airsense 10 Autoset with EPR of 3; my pressure support is currently at 4.8.  Before/after graphs attached.  The main benefits are  that I can sleep longer at one stretch and feel better during the day.

That's a huge improvement! I never got around to trading in the extra ASV that I have so I'm going to see if I can swap it for the VAuto with Supplier #2.

Edit:
Is there a way I can use the ASV similar to a VAuto?
Post Reply Post Reply
Slept with the ASV machine last night and it went pretty good. My lungs were a little sore but not too bad. Are there any adjustments I should make? I'm still going to trade in the ASV for a VAuto if Supplier #2 is interested.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
We have had other members that exchanged ASV for Vauto with Supplier #2. How many hours on the ASV?

If using your ASV for current flow limitation issues, reduce PS max to 9.0. You are using PS min 4.0 and the machine requires PS max to be PS min + 5.0, so that should work fine. Limit EPAP max to 12.0. You didn't really exceed that anyway.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-24-2020, 09:12 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: We have had other members that exchanged ASV for Vauto with Supplier #2. How many hours on the ASV?

If using your ASV for current flow limitation issues, reduce PS max to 9.0. You are using PS min 4.0 and the machine requires PS max to be PS min + 5.0, so that should work fine.  Limit EPAP max to 12.0.   You didn't really exceed that anyway.

Under 800 hours on the ASV. Waiting to hear back from Supplier #2 so I'll reduce the PS and EPAP max tonight and see how it goes. Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
I won't be able to trade in the ASV as Supplier #2 is only looking for machines 2017 or later so I'm going to try and make it work in place of the suggested VAuto. The good news is that I've slept good the last 3 nights with it the ASV. Hopefully I stop waking up so early for no reason soon.

Sleeprider, do you think my settings still look good on the ASV?

Post Reply Post Reply
My blood pressure has come down and the palpitations are less noticeable since I started using the ASV. I'm skeptical that this is the reason for the improvement but there's been no dietary changes (yet) or any changes to my blood pressure medications. Things are looking up!

There still appears to be a lot flow limitations to me. Is there anything I should change to address them further?

Thank you for all of your help!

Post Reply Post Reply
The ASV will record more flow limits as your inspiratory flow naturally flattens with pressure support that maintains the minute vent from time to time. Your 95% flow limitation is zero, so I don’t recommend making adjustments based in this. Therapy looks very good and hopefully you are comfortable and sleeping well.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oscar CPAP Optimization Results-Awesome!? SeePak 22 486 Yesterday, 10:19 AM
Last Post: SeePak
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 53 1,542 04-18-2024, 05:25 PM
Last Post: Pawpri
  [CPAP] OSCAR Data Review for New User goodfella7763 3 206 04-15-2024, 08:42 PM
Last Post: goodfella7763
  New Bilevel user help with settings (oscar attached) opo218 6 159 04-15-2024, 02:56 PM
Last Post: opo218
  Just getting started, looking for an OSCAR data review mattcole3 3 133 04-12-2024, 12:56 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [CPAP] New CPAP User - Help Understanding CPAP data and Pressure Spikes Sleepin 3 187 04-12-2024, 06:36 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  First night CPAP + OSCAR data Ostrich 3 245 04-04-2024, 08:32 AM
Last Post: Phaleronic

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.