Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New CPAP user needs help with central apneas
RE: New CPAP user needs help with central apneas
Noting your O & H well under control, just a thought if is ? worth trial testing even lowering pressure slow down to the 6 as the CA more show kicking in on the raises of pressure to the 7, with exception last 1 hr sleep, do also getting then some CA, but may be restless junk sleep. But keep then eye on to see if at the lower pressure if is then detrimental to the O & H events that may then be trigger showing up more again ?
Post Reply Post Reply
Yep, your good and bad night flip-flop is the CA consistently inconsistent attribute. The ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV will squash these pesky CA.

Get your notebook out and list all the negative, failure aspects of your current PAP therapy. Tell doc to get you a script for this ASV.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi guys/gals,

Back with an update. After waiting weeks to get into my sleep doc, I got in.

They prescribed me a new machine that I got….

Resmed AirCurve 10 ST

PAP MODE: VPAP-S/T
E
PAP: 6.0

IPAP: 10.0

I got the machine, and after a few nights, it doesnt appear to be working properly.

This time, My AHI is high because of hypopneas

First night on Aircurve machine (which was pretty good):
imgur.com/a/BsWTF3w

Second night:

imgur.com/a/6MTsFC3

All nights since my ahi has been like the second link results. And I haven't changed anything so not sure why.

@Gideon and @SarcasticDave94, I dont know the complete difference between ASV and Bipap with ‘backup rate’ but this Aircurve ST doesnt seem to be like the ASV like you recommended?

My AHI was fine for the first night using this machine, but ever since, I am still in the double digits.

Does anyone have a clue what I should do? Feeling exhausted and losing hope Sad
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 26 491 2 hours ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  please help me make sense of my central apneas p4ncaketim 27 601 8 hours ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Central while on ASV Boodmaster 11 2,523 03-26-2024, 02:37 AM
Last Post: Boodmaster
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,405 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Fixing (CPAP-induced?) central apneas Franko39 17 864 03-21-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: Franko39
  Central Sleeping Apnea treatment ivan007 5 212 03-21-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Central events while falling asleep michaelyu15 7 273 03-20-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: michaelyu15

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.