Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New CPAP user needs help with settings
New CPAP user needs help with settings
Hi,

I've been using my DreamStation APAP for the last 2 months or so. My AHI has been improving in general, with my 30 day avg of 4.82, with some spikes here and there (as in the screenshot from last night, AHI of 6.04). 

I wanted to ask if you could look at the attached and let me know if I should make any adjustments. Obviously, I'd like to be as close to zero as possible! 
I am happy to share more info, if needed.

Many thanks for your guidance! 

++Randall

[attachment=9662]
[attachment=9663]
[attachment=9664]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New CPAP user needs help with settings
I'd start by bumping your minimum pressure up to 8cm you may end up going to 9cm. Take it slowly though.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks - how long should I wait to evaluate it after adjusting upward? And I normally ramp from 4.0 to 7.0 over a 45 minute period. Should I adjust this as well?

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't usually use ramp but you might as well adjust up to 4. to 8.0 if that's what you like. I'd try a new setting for at least 3 days or so to get in idea what the average is.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks again. I'll try it!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 29 526 1 hour ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  Newer CPAP User, still snoring Warnick13 45 1,505 03-11-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: Warnick13
  [Pressure] New CPAP user - Please help interpreting graphs fsdx2004 40 2,048 03-07-2024, 08:01 AM
Last Post: fsdx2004
  [Symptoms] CPAP(UARS) user 10+ years, still feel terrible DB10 17 1,022 03-05-2024, 09:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question [Treatment] help with oscar and CPAP settings SeanOZ 3 231 03-05-2024, 05:11 AM
Last Post: SeanOZ
Question [Symptoms] New CPAP User, Started Snoring Again heyou 30 1,597 03-02-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: heyou
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 302 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.