Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New CPAP user, please let me know what I can work on
Question 
New CPAP user, please let me know what I can work on
New user first APAP machine, ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset, sleep study attached. I have been using the machine for 3 nights now. Only issue I have is Mask keeps leaking at certain times when pressure increases. I made some more adjustments today to see if that helps and also pillow adjustments. I'm able to sleep the night without removing mask. Should I adjust pressure settings (currently 7 - 17). My snoring is not loud and seems to have stopped. Thank you Richard

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New CPAP user, please let me know what I can work on
Oscar files attached for the past three nights.

Post Reply Post Reply
I am a full face masker.  It took trying 5 masks to finally find one I could tolerate.  I hope to check out some new models soon because even though the F10 has been the best so far I still have leak problems.  I move in my sleep causing the mask to lose its seal. If I happen to be still all night..few leaks.

If I wake with a leak, I pull the mask a bit from my face and place it back.  That seems to fix a leak for the moment.

After about two weeks I will tighten up the head gear which makes it uncomfortable, but it is an attempt to prevent leaks as the mask loses its elasticity.   

I change the mask out every month.

Washing a mask daily with soap and water helps.  Skin oil can cause leaks.  It is a wonder I have face skin I try so hard to get oil off.

I was 12 min 20 max pressure for years but with assistance from cpap forums I am at 8 min 14 max currently.  I never have had a CPAP therapist.  My first setting over 10 years ago was 8 constant.  I asked for more pressure and got it.  The doc I see once a year has no concern of how the therapy is going except for the 4 hr. per day compliance.

Best of luck to you.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi, Richard32, and welcome to the Forum!  

I wonder if you might be chin tucking -- when the head bends forward, it can cut off the airway, and no amount of pressure clear the obstruction.  I'd want one of the more knowledgeable members to assess that, though.
Post Reply Post Reply
Question 
I'm a side sleeper, I have been playing around with different pillows the past few nights and seem to have a better setup last night. I am able to sleep through the night. I washed my face to remove oils and cleaned mask silicone. Tested and adjusted the mask earlier in the day and Last night seemed to help. I did have one time where mask was leaking due to pressure jumping. I disconnected the supply hose to the mask to get pressure to drop and went back to sleep. Seems to me the pressure increase is due to air way obstruction. 

Need assistance to verify I have set pressures correctly, 7 low - 17 max. Ramp up is off. 

I'm new to this and from first nigh been able to sleep through the night with F&P Evora full face mask. 

Wanting to know what I can be doing differently?

Richard

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi, Richard 

I'm bumping this because it doesn't look as if you've gotten a reply regarding your OSCAR charts.
Post Reply Post Reply
Richard, cut your EPR to 1 and let's see how that does with cutting your centrals and see what happens to your obstructive events.
Post Reply Post Reply
I was going to suggest Start pressure of 10 with EPR of 3. This would hopefully make reduce the amount of OA and H, even though it might increase the CAs some. But, Gideon is probably starting right with reduced EPR. My suggestion with EPR set at 1 would still be to ensure EPAP is not less that 7. so the start pressure of 8.

Good luck, sorry to miss you last month when you initially posted.

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 22 438 46 minutes ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  Tech Nerds-think this battery setup will work for Transcend Micro? johnbrain 7 107 5 hours ago
Last Post: johnbrain
  Newer CPAP User, still snoring Warnick13 45 1,489 03-11-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: Warnick13
  [Pressure] New CPAP user - Please help interpreting graphs fsdx2004 40 2,043 03-07-2024, 08:01 AM
Last Post: fsdx2004
  [Symptoms] CPAP(UARS) user 10+ years, still feel terrible DB10 17 1,018 03-05-2024, 09:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question [Symptoms] New CPAP User, Started Snoring Again heyou 30 1,593 03-02-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: heyou
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 298 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.