Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New CPAP user-question about clinical manual/changing settings
RE: New CPAP user-question about clinical manual/changing settings
Having a Central AI of 0.1 means that you had one central apnea event in a 10-hour period. That is a fantastic number. Keep up the good work!
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Without seeing your data I'll state that your min pressure should be

Min Pressure = 4 + EPR = 4 + 3 = 7 as a minimum, it can be higher. This allows the full depth of the EPR to work and help your obstructive events.

Ignore the central apnea for now. As long as it is close to .1 you can safely ignore it. Under 1.o I would simply say it happened, OK. At a CAI of 2 is pretty safe though we will definitely be taking a closer look at it there.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks again everybody!

I got an old SD card (1GB!!!lol!!) that my husband found around the house. He wiped it and I put it in my machine the other day. I'll get some more data while I download and figure out Oscar. Then I'll post here for the gangs opinion. 

Is there anything I need to set on the machine to get the machine to record data? So far, I just put the card in, watched the little orange light blink some, and then hoped that it's been recording. 

Thanks Bonjour and ApneaQ for the reassurance about the Central AI. It showed up again this morning, but still at 0.1. Or is that just a running average on the sleep report screen since I began using that will always be there? The sleep doctor speculated on my report that, "There were periods of more dense events that likely indicate more severe apnea during REM sleep" but he didn't go into detail about that. Basically, I'm pretty much in the dark about what my sleep study showed until I see my doctor and hope she can explain it, or I can get data from Oscar.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, keeping those old SDcards from old cameras can pay off. That's where I found my first card. :-)

The machine will detect the card and start recording from now on without any further intervention from you.

The machine typically reports last night's numbers on the report screen. I believe there are options to show the average results for the past week or month but I never use the information on that little screen.. I always go straight to OSCAR to look at data in detail.

As for the sleep study report... do you have a personal copy? If not.. get one from the Doc. Then please redact your name and address and any identifying numbers and find a way to scan it or photograph it and upload all the pages so that we can see how your AHI levels were prior to using the PAP machine. The details of the report should also explain which events were happening during which sleep-levels and lots more useful information like that.
Post Reply Post Reply
As ApneaQuestions mentioned, the SD card is ready to go once slotted into the machine. Make sure the lock tab is in the Unlock position. Unless you have a 9 Series Resmed, the lock tab may remain unlocked even when transferring data onto the PC.

PS I'll also ditto the sleep study and posting; it would be helpful if for nothing else but that you have your own copy
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
On the Sleep Study, You want a full copy, not just the summary, Sometimes it's about the details that don't get in the summary.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a copy from my online medical chart. I don't know if it's the full version since I had an at home sleep study and not in hospital. I'm honestly not sure if what i have is the full version, or just the summary. It has one graph attached to it and some details-lowest oxygen level was 84%, AHI was 19.7 with 22 obstructive apneas, 129 hypopneas. I'll post the rest of it soon-I gotta get ready to go to work in a few!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 53 1,391 5 minutes ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  New Bilevel user help with settings (oscar attached) opo218 6 131 04-15-2024, 02:56 PM
Last Post: opo218
  [CPAP] New CPAP User - Help Understanding CPAP data and Pressure Spikes Sleepin 3 155 04-12-2024, 06:36 AM
Last Post: Expat31
Angry Waking Up with CPAP, Not Getting Full Nights Rest. What Settings to Change? xgrea40 3 324 04-01-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: jcp519
  Newer CPAP User, still snoring Warnick13 45 1,745 03-11-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: Warnick13
  [Pressure] New CPAP user - Please help interpreting graphs fsdx2004 40 2,235 03-07-2024, 08:01 AM
Last Post: fsdx2004
  [Symptoms] CPAP(UARS) user 10+ years, still feel terrible DB10 17 1,110 03-05-2024, 09:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.