Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New CPAP user review
New CPAP user review
Hi everyone,

I've recently started using a Resmed Airsense 11 with a nasal pillow.  I'd love to get the forum members opinions on my settings so far.  During the sleep study I was diagnosed with mild apnea with an AHI of 11.8.  Attached is my screenshot from Oscar.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New CPAP user review
Welcome to the board. Your charts look good. On a ResMed the pressure is driven up from flow limits. Flow limits are smaller apnea and the machine senses the flow limits and raises pressure to stop them from becoming bigger apnea (O and H events). 

To help control flow limits we use EPR. EPR can be set at 1, 2 or 3. You are set at 2. 

I would suggest
Minn7
EPR3

To raise EPR 3 you have to have a min of 7.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
First your numbers are good enough to o leave your settings alone.
So before you go changing your settings ask yourself how do you feel?
At your level comfort is King! Without any discomfort I'd seriously just leave them alone. With any discomfort I'd set min=7 and EPR= 3
Post Reply Post Reply
If that chart is the normal for you and you feel well, you are doing great.

Are you sleeping well? Do you feel good the next day? If yes, leave settings as they are.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I adjusted last night to 7 minimum with an EPR of 3.  I felt like the higher pressure was slightly more comfortable although didn't make a huge difference.  Here is my chart from last night.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Only you can tell if one setting is better for you.  But looking at the charts - last night had less flow limits, less overall pressure for the night - last night LOOKS better but again, it is how you feel.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Orlick, how DO you feel? If you don't feel as well as you want to during the day, you might consider trying to schedule your sleep-times so you get at least 7 hours of actual sleep per night. And some people really need 8 -- you might be one of them.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 26 491 2 hours ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 165 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  Newer CPAP User, still snoring Warnick13 45 1,498 03-11-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: Warnick13
  [Pressure] New CPAP user - Please help interpreting graphs fsdx2004 40 2,045 03-07-2024, 08:01 AM
Last Post: fsdx2004
  [Symptoms] CPAP(UARS) user 10+ years, still feel terrible DB10 17 1,020 03-05-2024, 09:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Please help with treatment review DaveL 862 53,046 03-04-2024, 05:06 PM
Last Post: DaveL
Question [Symptoms] New CPAP User, Started Snoring Again heyou 30 1,596 03-02-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: heyou

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.