Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Wisp and Silicone Head gear
Humidifier: resmed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 18/8
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Undisclosed

New Coffee We Tried
well, I got info that Fresh n Easy, 2 locations were going out of business so we headed over to check it out.

Most of the organic foods were gone but we did find some that we use and walked out with a $25 bill for $50 worth of food.

One of the items that we bought were 2 bags of organic coffee. I am drinking it now and it is really good and no need for sweetner, creamer of any kind. Not only does it taste great but there are no pesticides, preservatives, etc. in it.

Just thought I would share.
08-02-2015 10:29 AM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
AlanE Online

Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: P10 & Mirage Liberty backup
Humidifier: Built-in
CPAP Pressure: 10-14
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

Sex: Male

RE: New Coffee We Tried
Love coffee, my gerd does not. Coffee with a side of ranitidine. We get what is on sale. it's usually awful too.

Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. Access through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie
08-02-2015 10:33 AM
GrammaBear Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed S9 AutoSet
Mask Make & Model: Air Fit P10
Humidifier: ResMed H5i heated humidifier
CPAP Pressure: 12.2 - 16.2

Other Comments: Type 1 diabetes - using Tandem T-slim insulin pump, Dexcom G4 CGM

Sex: Female

(08-02-2015 10:29 AM)me50 Wrote:  well, I got info that Fresh n Easy, 2 locations were going out of business so we headed over to check it out.

Most of the organic foods were gone but we did find some that we use and walked out with a $25 bill for $50 worth of food.

One of the items that we bought were 2 bags of organic coffee. I am drinking it now and it is really good and no need for sweetner, creamer of any kind. Not only does it taste great but there are no pesticides, preservatives, etc. in it.

What is the brand of the organic coffee you are enjoying? I'm amazed that it requires no creamer.
08-02-2015 03:56 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
Terry Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: Philips Respironics RemStar Auto with A-Flex (560P)
Mask Make & Model: P/R Nuance & Pap Cap
Humidifier: Integrated
CPAP Pressure: Auto

Other Comments:

(08-02-2015 10:33 AM)AlanE Wrote:  Love coffee, my gerd does not. Coffee with a side of ranitidine. We get what is on sale. it's usually awful too.

FWIW, really good coffee with a medium roast shouldn't set off your gerd as much.

The bitter cheap stuff does me in, but the good stuff doesn't seem to.
08-02-2015 04:47 PM
Mosquitobait Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: Resmed AirSense 10 For Her
Mask Make & Model: Airfit P10
Humidifier: integrated, Climate line tube
CPAP Pressure: 9-12

Other Comments: RLS and Bradycardia

Sounds great ME50. I'm envious. Alas, my GERD is also forcing me to abandon coffee. As of Aug 1, (yes, 2 days ago), I only have coffee if I'm tired and need to drive. Otherwise, tea, which has half the caffeine or herbal tea, which has none. My cough is gone today, so clearly it's working, but I will miss my mocha coffee.

While I'm posting, I see below on the 'possibly related threads' that Supersleeper posted over a year ago that a study says coffee is good for your eyes. Nope. Didn't work. Another says, 'Increased coffee consumption reduces risk of diabetes'. I missed the boat on that too. Finally, 'coffee is number one source of antioxidants'. I had cancer last year. So, I don't even have that justification, dang it. It's ok, I only drank tea before I moved here, but couldn't get a decent cup here, so had to switch to coffee. Now the habit is ingrained and I'll just have to learn a new habit.
(This post was last modified: 08-03-2015 04:05 PM by Mosquitobait.)
08-03-2015 04:02 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
me50 Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: resmed S9 VPAP Auto

Other Comments:

(08-02-2015 03:56 PM)GrammaBear Wrote:  
(08-02-2015 10:29 AM)me50 Wrote:  well, I got info that Fresh n Easy, 2 locations were going out of business so we headed over to check it out.

What is the brand of the organic coffee you are enjoying? I'm amazed that it requires no creamer.

Organic coffee for the most part is coffee minus pesticides and other bad things.

All I can tell you is that it is packaged for Fresh n Easy (I really never liked this store but at 50% off....). It is 100% Organic French Roast (Dark) and says Direct Trade Coffee with a description of Smoky and Intense Full Bodied with buttery notes and an intense smoky flavor. Then on the side of the bag it says 100% Arabica Coffee Artisan Roasted.

when we bought coffee that was not organic, I usually put sweetener or creamer in it but not this organic coffee. Maybe it is just that I have gotten used to organic foods.

YMMV. CoffeeCoffeeCoffeeCoffee
08-03-2015 04:18 PM
me50 Offline

Advisory Members

Other Comments:

(08-03-2015 04:02 PM)Mosquitobait Wrote:  Sounds great ME50. I'm envious. Alas, my GERD is also forcing me to abandon coffee. As of Aug 1, (yes, 2 days ago), I only have coffee if I'm tired and need to drive. Otherwise, tea, which has half the caffeine or herbal tea, which has none. My cough is gone today, so clearly it's working, but I will miss my mocha coffee.

While I'm posting, I see below on the 'possibly related threads' that Supersleeper posted over a year ago that a study says coffee is good for your eyes. Nope. Didn't work. Another says, 'Increased coffee consumption reduces risk of diabetes'. I missed the boat on that too. Finally, 'coffee is number one source of antioxidants'. I had cancer last year. So, I don't even have that justification, dang it. It's ok, I only drank tea before I moved here, but couldn't get a decent cup here, so had to switch to coffee. Now the habit is ingrained and I'll just have to learn a new habit.

Maybe you can try organic decaf or organic if you want caffeine. Maybe, just maybe, it could be the pesticides in the regular stuff that is causing the gerd to hit you. can't hurt to try it and see
08-03-2015 04:22 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
Mosquitobait Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: Resmed AirSense 10 For Her
Mask Make & Model: Airfit P10
Humidifier: integrated, Climate line tube
CPAP Pressure: 9-12

Other Comments: RLS and Bradycardia

(08-03-2015 04:22 PM)me50 Wrote:  Maybe you can try organic decaf or organic if you want caffeine. Maybe, just maybe, it could be the pesticides in the regular stuff that is causing the gerd to hit you. can't hurt to try it and see

Decaf gives me belly upset, but I'll look into the regular organic coffee. Thanks for the tip.
08-03-2015 05:21 PM
me50 Offline

Advisory Members

Other Comments:

if decaf coffee messes with your gut I would suggest you buy a sample package first because chances are coffee that has caffeine in it will probably mess with your gut worse than decaf will

it is possible though that if you try the organic neither one of them will bother you because the pesticides are not in the organic coffee you'll just have to try it and see
(This post was last modified: 08-03-2015 09:12 PM by me50.)
08-03-2015 08:56 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
foss Offline
Wiki Editor
Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed Autosense 10
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: Respironics Amara View FFM
Humidifier: Resmed
CPAP Pressure: 9 - 13.4

Other Comments: Marine Chemist, Science Teacher & Counselor, Internet Server Admistrator

I'm hooked on Gevalia, either whole bean or ground. I alternate between the Traditional Roast and their House Blend, never need to add sugar. I only use sugar in the bad stuff you get a fast food places and gas stations. I dread the day when I can't have a shot of caffeine in the morning!

Jeff

Sleep is worth the effort.
08-04-2015 07:01 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  National Coffee Day (US) justMongo 8 226 09-30-2016 10:42 PM
Last Post: GrammaBear
  Sacked for having a cup of coffee on the job zonk 44 2,468 06-19-2016 04:28 AM
Last Post: FrankNichols
  Coffee - latte GrammaBear 20 1,286 01-22-2016 05:00 PM
Last Post: S10wanderer
  Good news: No link between coffee consumption and common type of irregular heartbeat DeepBreathing 13 936 12-13-2015 06:44 PM
Last Post: JohnnyH
  Where is the best coffee in the world? zonk 62 3,888 10-05-2015 02:15 PM
Last Post: zonk
  [Health] Coffee / Caffeine aussiefilo 13 1,594 07-21-2015 02:22 PM
Last Post: PositiveMe123
  so hard to get a good coffee Paptillian 38 5,698 05-24-2015 08:40 PM
Last Post: 2PAPs