Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Quattro
Humidifier: ResMed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 18 IPAPmax - 11 EPAPmin, PS=5
CPAP Software: Other Software

Other Comments: μολὼν λαβέ

Sex: Male

RE: New Computer Build Photos
(03-16-2015 05:08 PM)Sleeprider Wrote:  You're a nerd geek!

Been about 5 years since I did a custom build. Fun stuff, but amazing how fast the latest and greatest and fastest...isn't. That's a really cool build, so what do you run on it?

Guilty.

I'm putting circuit simulation software and environmental simulation software (NBC.)

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
03-16-2015 09:04 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
PaulaO2 Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: S9 Autoset
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 14-20
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Hypermobility Type; chronic sarcasm

Sex: Undisclosed

The 212 EVO was what I was considering getting but folks either loved it or hated it.

I don't use canned air anymore. I got a blower from Cyberguys. DataVac Electric Duster. I love it. Thing will blow out the power supply easily, which is where a lot of dust ends up. I really like how it cleans my keyboard.

PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
03-17-2015 11:23 AM
Homerec130 Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: Philips/Resperonics BiPAP auto SV Advanced System One (950P)
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Quatro FX
Humidifier: Philips Respironics System 1
CPAP Pressure: 6-16
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: But it is a dry heat.

Nice job. Been a long time since I built a new system from scratch. The first smoke check is always the hardest. Watch a guy smoke a mobo and cpu when he got his power leads crossed - $1000 down the drain - he looked at me and said "I should have listened to you." Just kept my mouth shut and said, let's see what we can salvage. That is also why I don't do my own electrics.

BTW, love the clear sides - now you can see how fast the dust bunnies are taking over.

Homer
03-17-2015 12:36 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
justMongo Offline

Monitors

Machine: ResMed VPAP Auto (S9)
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Quattro
Humidifier: ResMed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 18 IPAPmax - 11 EPAPmin, PS=5
CPAP Software: Other Software

Other Comments: μολὼν λαβέ

(03-17-2015 11:23 AM)PaulaO2 Wrote:  The 212 EVO was what I was considering getting but folks either loved it or hated it.

I don't use canned air anymore. I got a blower from Cyberguys. DataVac Electric Duster. I love it. Thing will blow out the power supply easily, which is where a lot of dust ends up. I really like how it cleans my keyboard.

Cool little device. I think I'll pick one up. A 0.75HP motor !!
The place that really picks up dust is my DSL modem. I got tired of replacing them every year because they run hot -- so, I put a 40 mm fan on the case. I have to put on an N95 dust mask when I blow that out.

(03-17-2015 12:36 PM)Homerec130 Wrote:  Nice job. Been a long time since I built a new system from scratch. The first smoke check is always the hardest. Watch a guy smoke a mobo and cpu when he got his power leads crossed - $1000 down the drain - he looked at me and said "I should have listened to you." Just kept my mouth shut and said, let's see what we can salvage. That is also why I don't do my own electrics.

BTW, love the clear sides - now you can see how fast the dust bunnies are taking over.

Homer

Thanks Homer. Hard to connect the PSU backwards with keyed connector. I think the trickiest moment is placing the processor on the pin grid and locking down the holder. Bend a pin and U R in deep yogurt.

Notice the PSU is on the bottom of the case. It sucks its air from under the case through a filter. I also put fine filters on the two 140mm intake fans in the front of the case.

(This post was last modified: 03-17-2015 01:03 PM by justMongo.)
03-17-2015 12:57 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Gross Sudden computer shutdown DeepBreathing 26 644 11-28-2016 12:50 PM
Last Post: justMongo
  Computer Monitor Linearity surferdude2 6 254 10-31-2016 03:21 PM
Last Post: Perchas
  Need computer help......... GrammaBear 33 2,183 01-14-2016 03:54 PM
Last Post: justMongo
  Ghost Computer Drives PaytonA 3 625 07-12-2015 09:35 PM
Last Post: PaytonA