Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New Computer & SleepyHead Software
Ohmy 
New Computer & SleepyHead Software
[Image: huhsign.gif] I recently went from a Windows XP system to all new hardware with Windows 10. Switching systems is daunting to say the least, but SleepyHead really has me scratching my head.

A little background: I own the ResMed  AirSense10 for Her, and over the last 14 months have had 7 different machines. One was the Respironics DreamStation. The reason for this could be a conversation by itself.

I'm running the latest release on both my old and new computers. The install on the new computer was easy (after I turned it over to my husband, that is). The first thing that I did was print a SleepyHead report from my old computer. Then I proceeded to bring my files over. I started with the card in my current CPAP and used the CPAP Importer to load the data. After that I copied the folders from my old computer for each of the 6 other serial numbers. When I checked the software I discovered that only 2 or 3 were indicated under machine information. Then I looked at the dates that I should have had information for and they seemed to be correct, but the report for CPAP Statistics was mostly all zeros. So on a hunch I decided to use the CPAP Importer to load the cards that weren't previously imported. That helped because now all of my serial numbers are showing under Machine Information. But what happened to my CPAP Statistics? The report is still showing mostly all zeros! How can I get all of my information back?

I also compared the Changes to Prescription Settings reports and found that the groupings of first to last date weren't always the same. Sometimes the range of dates on one computer was grouped differently on the other computer. For example my old computer had information for July 11, 2016 to Aug 15, 2016, but on my new computer there is a line for July 11th, another line for July 12th, and another line for July 14th through Aug 15th. I have no idea what happened to July 13th. Then I found that the columns for Pressure Relief didn't match from one computer to another. I also discovered that the Mode columns didn't match. In a couple of places my new computer listed CPAP while my old computer had Auto for Her for the same period. Even the Pressure Settings were wrong. If the Mode was listed as CPAP on the new computer, Pressure Relief was listed as none, and the Pressure Setting was listed as unknown.
How can the information be different when it is coming from the same file on my old computer (drag & drop), and from an import of the cards that were in the other CPAPs? (I kept all but 1.)

Is there any way to fix the new computer so that the report will match the old computer? [Image: dont-know.gif]  Thanks for taking time out of your busy day to help me figure this out and correct it.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New Computer & SleepyHead Software
Have you tried the Rebuild Data option? Sometimes that helps.

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New Computer & SleepyHead Software
No, I haven't tried that; thanks for the suggestion. As soon as my computer is backed up I'll give it a try and let you know the outcome. Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nerwbie -- what CPAP/software combo? cprstn54 1 29 3 hours ago
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Software support for the Astral 150? Peashee888 11 914 03-28-2024, 08:04 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 187 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Need Computer drivers for Contec CMS50D+ Oximeter TomElgin 3 291 03-02-2024, 05:27 PM
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 667 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Software/app for Lowenstein Prisma SmartPlus w/o NHS knowing Ploppy 3 1,120 12-21-2023, 10:01 AM
Last Post: Ploppy
  PC Software RchiAiki 13 1,320 12-20-2023, 11:51 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.