Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New Contec CMS50F, what is the version?
RE: New Contec CMS50F, what is the version?
mine had this on the inside lid of the box:

http://www.dlsoftw.com

then enter index code:  01GS4016

so look for that sticker first on yours, then try that code I guess
Post Reply Post Reply
wwSleep,

Thank you very much for letting me having this software.
It connects and now I shall try it out to see all the function.

Kind regards,

Thanks
Gerard
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-23-2020, 09:13 PM)wwsleep Wrote: mine had this on the inside lid of the box:

http://www.dlsoftw.com

then enter index code:  01GS4016

so look for that sticker first on yours, then try that code I guess

Downloaded.  Hope my watch imports to Oscar when it gets here.
Post Reply Post Reply
Smart Device Assistant V3.1.0.1
SPO2 software for CMS50F etc . . .

The 'Contecmed' website has a download page with what seems to be the newest SW.
They do NOT update all fields in the download page and that makes it seem the SW may be older (e.g. 2017)

If click on the DETAILS button the popup lists the version as:
Smart Device Assistant V3.1.0.1 Setup.exe
When installed and run in Win10 the 'About' screen lists date as 'March 2020'.

The 'pulseoxstore' website does not seem to have the newest version but is of interest because it does have a number of older versions and related info.

Post Reply Post Reply
I have both copies and from what I can see from the software, they just updated the older SpO2 Assistant, added the new drivers for the latest CMS50F versions, and changed the name to Smart Device Assistant. Everything else looks and works the same.
Granted, their website could use a little work as far as updating the names and dates.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Jeff,

Is there a Mac version or do you have to use some sort of virtual PC?

I'm still on High Sierra.

On Amazon it says software is for PC only. "NEVER SUPPORT MAC".  Or can you just bypass their software and upload from oximeter to Mac with USB cable.  I guess mini USB to USB 2 or 3? And then import into OSCAR?  Or upload to external HD formatted with FAT32 and then import into OSCAR on MacBookPro?  or?

Or is there a better Pulse Ox for Mac and OSCAR?  And I prefer USB cable over sleeping with Bluetooth! Keep airport mode on CPAP machine and iPhone while sleep.  

The other device I see on Amazon looks to be $80 more and appears to only transmit data via bluetooth to iPhone; but I want on MBPro where have OSCAR.

Thanks,

Remember2Breathe
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-11-2020, 10:56 AM)wwsleep Wrote:
(05-11-2020, 08:43 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: The ".spO2" files should remain the same.  They can be imported into OSCAR, but just not from their default directory. You can create another directory, I call mine SpO2_Raw, then copy the spO2 files there.  In OSCAR, import the data from this directory and you should be good to go.

yep, that's what I did.

oh, and for future readers,  Smart Device Assistant says it's saving the data files here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Smart Device Assistant V3.1.0.1\Data

but they aren't there when you navigate there in file explorer

But I guess because  it must still be a 32 bit app, windows 10 really saves the files here:

C:\Users\<your user name>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Smart Device Assistant V3.1.0.1\Data

so that was odd when I was looking and searching for the spO2 files.  I was loading them off the watch then 'save as' elsewhere.

Wow thank you for sharing this.. I was looking for phantom files and never would have figured this out!
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-21-2021, 10:48 PM)odoyle Wrote:
(05-11-2020, 10:56 AM)wwsleep Wrote:
(05-11-2020, 08:43 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: The ".spO2" files should remain the same.  They can be imported into OSCAR, but just not from their default directory. You can create another directory, I call mine SpO2_Raw, then copy the spO2 files there.  In OSCAR, import the data from this directory and you should be good to go.

yep, that's what I did.

oh, and for future readers,  Smart Device Assistant says it's saving the data files here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Smart Device Assistant V3.1.0.1\Data

but they aren't there when you navigate there in file explorer

But I guess because  it must still be a 32 bit app, windows 10 really saves the files here:

C:\Users\<your user name>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Smart Device Assistant V3.1.0.1\Data

so that was odd when I was looking and searching for the spO2 files.  I was loading them off the watch then 'save as' elsewhere.

Wow thank you for sharing this.. I was looking for phantom files and never would have figured this out!

Ditto. I figured it was probably a permissions thing and overcame it by running as administrator but good to know the reasons.

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New version doesn't find profile BlueSky1958 7 87 03-26-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  Is there a solution to read out the newer versions of the Contect CMS50F under Linux? Mast04 10 807 03-25-2024, 08:46 PM
Last Post: Pierelly
  CMS50F Oximeter Device not Recognized. ThinMountainAir 20 2,409 03-07-2024, 05:13 PM
Last Post: capman
  Need Computer drivers for Contec CMS50D+ Oximeter TomElgin 3 233 03-02-2024, 05:27 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  The OSCAR 1.5.1 does not see the notes recorded in the earlier version. G. Szabo 2 205 02-26-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  New software version doesn't view properly, wide screen mode? piratekitty 3 366 02-10-2024, 08:38 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  OSCAR old version Apnearod 17 2,176 02-06-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: untoutseul05

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.