Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New Contec CMS50F, what is the version?
New Contec CMS50F, what is the version?
OSCAR says it can do version 3.7, and a no version number, some people are talking only about a version 6.  My brand new one says Hardware version 2.0.0?

I can't get it to be recognized by Oscar on either setting in the import wizard.

It does work with Smart Device Assistant 3.1.0.1.    It looks similar to online pictures of their SpO2 Assistant, so I wonder if they just updated the name to a more generic title?  I don't see anything online about 'smart device assistant'.    But anyways, I can retrieve data in that, and then import to OSCAR, so all is not lost.

From the back of the device it seems like there is a manufacturing date of 04-2020 but maybe that's something else.  one port.  no version number on box.

I did get it on ebay from 'contecmedical002', not sure if that is official or what.

Anyone else get a new one that doesn't work directly with oscar?

are there firmware updates for these things?

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New Contec CMS50F, what is the version?
I bought CMS50F from AliExpress last October 2019. When I turn it on, it displays quite different menu when I push the blue button. And version is 6.1. And Oscar 1.1.0 can read directly data with usb cable.
Post Reply Post Reply
I also have an older one - a Torontek B400, allso firmware version 6.1.

It looks like you have a whole new hardware design with a new USB protocol. Even the display font looks more modern. I'm guessing it requires new software to read it; one can only hope the User Interface has been dragged into the 21st century.

It may be a while until the OSCAR team acquires one of these to study the protocol before we canread it directly through the USB protocol. Until then you will have to use the new Smart Device Assistant 3.1.0.1.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-10-2020, 06:10 PM)unidee Wrote: I bought CMS50F from AliExpress last October 2019. When I turn it on, it displays quite different menu when I push the blue button. And version is 6.1. And Oscar 1.1.0 can read directly data with usb cable.

I checked my oximeter has manufactured 2019-08.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-10-2020, 07:50 PM)pholynyk Wrote: I also have an older one - a Torontek B400, allso firmware version 6.1.

It looks like you have a whole new hardware design with a new USB protocol. Even the display font looks more modern. I'm guessing it requires new software to read it;  one can only hope the User Interface has been dragged into the 21st century.

It may be a while until the OSCAR team acquires one of these to study the protocol before we canread it directly through the USB protocol. Until then you will have to use the new Smart Device Assistant 3.1.0.1.

ah, ok, that's what I was afraid of.   No biggie, just an extra step.  I won't be using everyday, but it's definitely showing how the desaturations follow my apneas.  Not as deep as I had thought, but they sure do get clustered together for me. 

I wish contec would change model numbers when they do a major change!

oh well.  Oscar developers might want to note that all CMS50Fs aren't gonna work now.   If there's any parameters I could pull out of it to help link it with Oscar, let me know.
Post Reply Post Reply
The ".spO2" files should remain the same. They can be imported into OSCAR, but just not from their default directory. You can create another directory, I call mine SpO2_Raw, then copy the spO2 files there. In OSCAR, import the data from this directory and you should be good to go.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-11-2020, 08:43 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: The ".spO2" files should remain the same.  They can be imported into OSCAR, but just not from their default directory. You can create another directory, I call mine SpO2_Raw, then copy the spO2 files there.  In OSCAR, import the data from this directory and you should be good to go.

yep, that's what I did.

oh, and for future readers,  Smart Device Assistant says it's saving the data files here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Smart Device Assistant V3.1.0.1\Data

but they aren't there when you navigate there in file explorer

But I guess because  it must still be a 32 bit app, windows 10 really saves the files here:

C:\Users\<your user name>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Smart Device Assistant V3.1.0.1\Data

so that was odd when I was looking and searching for the spO2 files.  I was loading them off the watch then 'save as' elsewhere.
Post Reply Post Reply
That directory location must be a Windows 10 thing. I run Windows 7 and refuse to upgrade.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-11-2020, 11:58 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: That directory location must be a Windows 10 thing.  I run Windows 7 and refuse to upgrade.

Seems that Win10 is enforcing it more strictly.

An snip of an MS post I found:  It's from 2013 for Win7, but still holds true for Win10
Quote:For a program to be eligible for virtualization, it must be 32bit, not running with administrator rights and must not have been compiled with a manifest file indicating it is for Vista or later.
You can see the virtualization status of a program by adding the Virtualization column to the Processes page in Task Manager.
When a virtualized program attempts to write to a protected location such as Program Files, Windows will intercept the access denied response and redirect the write to C:\Users\<name>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore, which is a hidden folder.
When a virtualized program attempts to read from a protected location, Windows will first check for a copy of the file in VirtualStore. If it finds it, it will use that copy. Otherwise it will attempt to read from the original file.

Full context here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/wind...9878954227

There are some options.....
  1. Change <user> permissions for the data folder in Program Files (x86) to "Full Access" (rwx).  Default is r-x. (Win10 thing maybe?)
  2. Run the app as Administrator
  3. Install the app in a <user> directory instead
  4. Continue using the hidden VirtualStore directory now that <user> knows where the data is located.  <user> could just create a shortcut/alias/symlink (whatever Windows calls it) to the Data folder in the hidden directory.  (NOTE: In File Explorer, show "Hidden Items" must be turned on!)

Oddly I have three 32 bit apps in Win10 that are forced to use VirtualStore and all 3 are for medical devices.  ResMed (ResScan), SpO2 Assistant, and MicroLife Peak Flow Meter (Spirometry).  My Win10 installation is about as default as you can get, no hacks or edits.  Just the usual updates from MS.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi,
Several people mention Smart Device Assistant 3.1.0.1.
I cannot find it on-line. Does anyone know where to get it?

Manufacturing CMS50F state 2020-04 (I just received it by Ali)

Kind regards,

Gerard
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New version doesn't find profile BlueSky1958 7 87 03-26-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  Is there a solution to read out the newer versions of the Contect CMS50F under Linux? Mast04 10 807 03-25-2024, 08:46 PM
Last Post: Pierelly
  CMS50F Oximeter Device not Recognized. ThinMountainAir 20 2,409 03-07-2024, 05:13 PM
Last Post: capman
  Need Computer drivers for Contec CMS50D+ Oximeter TomElgin 3 233 03-02-2024, 05:27 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  The OSCAR 1.5.1 does not see the notes recorded in the earlier version. G. Szabo 2 205 02-26-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  New software version doesn't view properly, wide screen mode? piratekitty 3 365 02-10-2024, 08:38 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  OSCAR old version Apnearod 17 2,174 02-06-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: untoutseul05

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.