Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New Cpap User Oscar Data
New Cpap User Oscar Data
    Hi, I am very grateful to have found this forum and for the people who developed Oscar. I got a ResMed Air Sense 11 about three weeks ago. I did a sleep test and had an RDI of 35.2 and an AHI of 8.1. Initially when I got the machine, for the first two days my settings were at 4-20 and I absolutely felt worse even though I only supposedly had 1 apnea or something. Then, my settings were changed to 4-8 and then 4-9 and I have sense felt much better than before the CPAP. In any event, I am not convinced my sleep coach in charge of my settings as is knowledgeable as he could be. So, I found out about Oscar and immediately got an SD card and now have about 10 or so days worth of detailed data. 

I love data and analytics, but am not going to pretend to understand this language. That said I would be very grateful for anyone's insight into my data.   Given my AHI wasn't that bad to begin with, my real goal is just to feel more energized and have less anxiety. For those first two days, which my sleep coach said were "great nights of sleep," I was waking up to a pressure so significant it was like I couldn't breath out or even stop my self from taking a breath if I tried without closing my mouth. It was almost as if it was inducing apneas I felt. Anyway, just want to make sure I am on the right track. Any recommendations are more than appreciated! 

I have attached what I believe the Oscar Chart Wiki said to. Happy to include more screenshots or information if needed.

Thank you!!

Alex
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New Cpap User Oscar Data
Hi UTC09 - it would be helpful to see a full night's rest (more than 4hrs like you posted). Are you having trouble getting comfortable with the full face mask? It can take a while to comfortably sleep with the new equipment. I don't know enough about the data to suggest recommendations but hopefully by prompting you for better screenshots and bumping this thread you'll find the help you are looking for. My guess is that you'll want to turn off the ramp feature at minimum, if set.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Adjusting Settings based on Oscar data rygonzo93 2 49 1 hour ago
Last Post: rygonzo93
  Help reading OSCAR data JenniferJuniper 24 1,263 6 hours ago
Last Post: JenniferJuniper
  [CPAP] Help with OSCAR data to help improve sleep Akaharu 7 245 Today, 04:04 AM
Last Post: Akaharu
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 52 1,388 Yesterday, 02:22 PM
Last Post: Pawpri
  Oscar CPAP Optimization Results-Awesome!? SeePak 18 394 04-16-2024, 05:32 AM
Last Post: SeePak
  [CPAP] OSCAR Data Review for New User goodfella7763 3 183 04-15-2024, 08:42 PM
Last Post: goodfella7763
  New Bilevel user help with settings (oscar attached) opo218 6 131 04-15-2024, 02:56 PM
Last Post: opo218

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.