Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Is it possible to get a new machine?
RE: Is it possible to get a new machine?
Celebrating your win Choirlady!

Bill
Post Reply Post Reply
And now, you're one of us, and when a new member asks "Is it possible to get a new machine", you have an answer and a story.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Congrats
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for making me feel so welcome!
Post Reply Post Reply
like congrats on getting the new machine. Best to success...

Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi everyone,

I picked up my new machine and used it for the first time last night but had my worst night ever. I didn't have any events but I only used it for a couple of hours.  It began beautifully - incredibly quiet, but I was having trouble falling asleep as I was recovering from surgery. I think the autoramp was set for 45 minutes and then the pressure ramped up to no higher than 9 or 10 and I panicked and turned it off and turned it on again. I had similar problems with the old machine. Then I got the usual high-pitched whistling sound during inhalation and exhalation which the DME has not been able to explain. Today I changed the ramp time to 15 minutes and the EPR from 2 to 3, and tried it out today while awake. The high pitched whistle began again but slowly diminished and disappeared at the end of the ramp time.  I will try it again tonight and hope for the best. Is it better to leave the machine on rather than risk the whistle keeping me awake? I look forward to getting everything dialed in just right.
Choirlady  
P.S I saw another post about the whistling having something to do with the humidifier tray so I'll doublecheck that it is closed and seated snugly.
Post Reply Post Reply
Glad you got your machine of choice and I hope your recovery is quick and easy.

Acclimating to CPAP therapy is troublesome for some and overcoming the various issues and newness is the biggest part of getting settled in to CPAP. I like to encourage every new soul about to embark on the CPAP trip to keep a good attitude. Based on the tone in your posts, I think you will do well.
Jesse

Post Reply Post Reply
Hope things are doing better. Did you resolve the whistling sound?
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the group Choirlady! Glad you got your brand new AutoSet for Her! It was worth the effort!

I have what sounds like a similar problem with my AirSense 10 Elite. As I have been using my PR System 1 560BT, I forgot about fixing my noisy AirSense before the 2 yr warranty expired. My bad. Now I have a backup machine I don't want to use cause it's wayyyy too noisy and I have tried seating and re-seating the humidifier chamber with no success. So don't be like me - Get yours fixed right away!
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, Mosquitobait for asking. Saturday night was the worst. There was whistling during the ramp and overwhelming pressure which was so loud my husband commented on it the next day saying he thought the other machine was quieter. Every time I went back to the ramp because I couldn't take the pressure which was up to 13 even though I was awake the entire time, it would loudly whistle.  I couldn't use it for more than a couple of hours, if that, because my heart was pounding and I felt like I was glued to the bed. The pressure was pushing through my back teeth and blowing my lips back. The next day I asked my husband to disconnect and reconnect the humidity tray, and both ends of the tube and, thanks be to God, last night I enjoyed a completely quiet night with no whistling and no 'howling winds' so I am hoping the issue is solved but I won't be convinced until I have a few good nights under my belt.

Cait1988, I'm sorry your issue wasn't resolved before the warranty expired. I have not been able to find a lot of people that have experienced the whistle.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 291 264,054 Yesterday, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Poolboy
  machine died! Now new doctor and new machine Bjazzman 17 6,850 09-05-2022, 09:07 PM
Last Post: NValtman11
  [CPAP] Using SoClean Machine with CPAP Machine ronald1810 4 1,339 06-01-2022, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Pin from power plug stuck in machine ResMed cpap machine B10576 12 6,785 04-08-2018, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Hellodare
  Forgot to put card back in machine, is there a way to copy it from machine to card? Marnid2014 6 6,278 04-06-2014, 08:54 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.