Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New Cpap user 1 week. Need any help I can get.
New Cpap user 1 week. Need any help I can get.
Hi all. I will be brief as I am new here. I read several stickys but I guess I did my homework on machines before I read anyboards like this.. I am here because I found the sleepyhead software, and this looks like a good place for me to start...

I got sick I should say Christmas 2016. Falling a sleep in the work truck, very tired. Kind of bloated and still am.Ringing in the ears, and still do..

Since then I have been to every type of doctor. Blood tests galore.. All they found was I was positive for hep C.. Took $90K worth of pills and am cured of that. Finished treatment june 17..

Still feeling the same, I went to endocrine doc. all normal with all glands. 

Went to nurologist all normal.

Mri of brain, chest, etc etc.. Normal.

GI doc did colonoscopy and GI camera. All normal. 

Ultra sound liver all normal. 

So on my quest to find whats wrong with me, they suggested sleep study. Had home test done, then in house test done.

Here I am now finally got my machine, and still feel tired.. Ringing ears, head fogged..

Maybe there is something wrong with me elsewhere but Im here to rule out the apnea is my issue as I dont know how to read the data...

I requested a resmed 10 autoset. ( they wanted to give me some other unit) I tried it with nasal pillows for 4 days. I had a 11 setting. In the menu it was set cpap 4-20 with 11 as my #.

I dont know if I did the right thing but I set it to autoset 4-11. That day my data how I saw it looked great. But lastnights data and how I feel today not so good..

Maybe someone can look and my data and give me suggestions..

I have the sleepyhead program, but am not sure whats the norm..

I didntfeel I needed 11 full time is why I changed it, and it was too much constant air for me..

If you can help thanks. I will answer anything I can and will try to be systematic about it ..

Just please let me know what data you need from me...

( I think my sleep doctor is in it just for the money and not about helping.. The sleep study was $9000 dollars... Crazy right?)
?️
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New Cpap user 1 week. Need any help I can get.
Welcome to the forum.

Typically an autoset machine is set to 4-20 cm H2O because an autoset machine "will adjust and treat your apnea".  A couple things need tweaking here.  First, most users find a pressure of 4 too low for both comfort and effective therapy.  Usually a low pressure of 6 or 8 is a better starting setting.  Also an auto machine works best with a narrower range, thus being able to change pressure quicker to a theraputic pressure preventing apneas.

To recommend settings it is best to see what you are using, and how both the machine and you are reacting to it.  Please post your sleepyhead daily charts to the forum,  (put a space in the url such as htt p://imgur.com/xxxx.png until you have member status)

Get a copy of your sleep studies and post them here.  They do give us an idea about your apnea.

Looking forward to your data

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
Code:
Please post your sleepyhead daily charts to the forum,

How many days?

And should I post my home study as well as the inhouse sleep study I had?

And thanks you for responding...
?️
Post Reply Post Reply
Cant post images until 4 posts says... Uggggg
?️
Post Reply Post Reply
Code:
First, most users find a pressure of 4 too low for both comfort and effective therapy.  Usually a low pressure of 6 or 8 is a better starting setting.  Also an auto machine works best with a narrower range, thus being able to change pressure quicker to a theraputic pressure preventing apneas.

OK Ill try that. Makes sense as seems like I am sufficating in the beginning before ramp up... It used to ramp up fast and go right to 11... was too much for me...
?️
Post Reply Post Reply
    Data SH 1/8/18 From link and attachment. Not sure what works best..

( Edit posting image did not work. Ill post attachments..)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

?️
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-09-2018, 08:32 PM)Lawrosa Wrote: Cant post images until 4 posts says... Uggggg

You can put a space somewhere in your link to intentionally break it for now. We can still view it after we copy/paste it as a web search. After 4 posts from you, and a brief system delay, you'll be able to post these links normally.

Welcome
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
You have some of the events turned off in the chart, OA is important.
If it was my chart, I would have min 6 max 12 for now. You will get use to the pressure.
There seems to be some leaks or mouth breathing that needs sorting.
I wouldn't worry about the CA, at this stage. As there are only a few and more than likely will settle down within 12 weeks..
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-09-2018, 09:21 PM)ajack Wrote: You have some of the events turned off in the chart, OA is important.
If it was my chart, I would have min 6 max 12 for now. You will get use to the pressure.
There seems to be some leaks or mouth breathing that needs sorting.
I wouldn't worry about the CA, at this stage. As there are only a few and more than likely will settle down within 12 weeks..

I changed it to 6.. Ill do 12 also.. I dont think I went past 11..

I dont know what OA is... I dont know what I need to turn on... sry Ill look around..

I cant post the other days as attachments as it says my MB reached its limit.. I will try again with imgur

CA? Central apnea? I dont know what all the terms are..
?️
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree with ajack, To turn on the OA events go to the bottom of the charts and you'll see a box called flags. Make sure they're all on green.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 26 497 6 hours ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  First week with CPAP Oscar - Adjustments phillyfan24 6 505 9 hours ago
Last Post: phillyfan24
  New user OSCAR data after one week Everlong 2 108 03-26-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Everlong
  Newer CPAP User, still snoring Warnick13 45 1,504 03-11-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: Warnick13
  [Pressure] New CPAP user - Please help interpreting graphs fsdx2004 40 2,046 03-07-2024, 08:01 AM
Last Post: fsdx2004
  [NEW USER] First Week - Help Getting Oriented rarmstrong26 4 205 03-05-2024, 09:33 PM
Last Post: rarmstrong26
  [Symptoms] CPAP(UARS) user 10+ years, still feel terrible DB10 17 1,020 03-05-2024, 09:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.