Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New Cure for Sleep Apnea?
New Cure for Sleep Apnea?
Here is an interesting article.
No idea if it is valid.

http://www.newsmax.com/Health/Health-New...r=oqajmc4p
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New Cure for Sleep Apnea?
This gets back to what I have been saying about playing the digeridoo to tone the throat tissue. Although shown to be the most effective method, above any other wind instrument (yes, they did studies) it is not enough in and of itself to cure anything but mild OSA based on throat laxity problems - as such, if you lose sufficient weight and have a case of simple weight related OSA, it will do the last 5 yards to get you off the CPAP - MAYBE. However, as a method of treating anything more extreme or complex it is either able to lower the pressure needs for throat tissue laxity based problems (and nothing else) or be of no help in that regard. In another regard it is very helpful - playing a wind instrument is very good for you, one way or another.

so, just "put your lips together, and.... blow!"
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-27-2015, 12:38 PM)bwexler Wrote: Here is an interesting article.
No idea if it is valid.

http://www.newsmax.com/Health/Health-New...r=oqajmc4p

Goes along with DocWils saying that playing the Didgeridoo would tighten up slack muscles and tissue in the throat.

Of course, your neighbors will think you gone round the bend.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
When son is blowin his eucalyptus didge every dog in town barks.
I guess a didge's bark is worse than it's bite.
Doc W is it correct once a fat cell forms it is forever?
Can shrink but never goes away w/o drastic means?
So once you have a fat neck always fat neck to some degree no matter how much weight lost?
I use my PAP machine nightly and I feel great!
Updated: Philips Respironics System One (60 Series)
RemStar BiPAP Auto with Bi-FlexModel 760P -
Rise Time x3 Fixed Bi-Level EPAP 9.0 IPAP 11.5 (cmH2O)
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-27-2015, 01:32 PM)DocWils Wrote: so, just "put your lips together, and.... blow!"

Lauren Bacall in "To Have and Have Not," 1944.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
One would think there would be some sort of mouthpiece device you could use to get the same effect of the didgeridoo without causing undue stress to the local fauna.

I know Respironics has an IMT Inspiratory Muscle Training gadget for certain breathing problems, but it would seem that something similar could be made to give you a similar thing for exhale pressure.

You could probably make something yourself with a hose going into a bucket of water. If the water was x cm deep, you'd have to breathe x cmH2O to exhale through the bucket. Sort of like a reverse hooka.

I remember some sort of weird gadget they had the astronaut candidates blowing through in the "Right Stuff" movie where the guys were competing against each other.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tekGhkHgEE
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
No, i know the device you are referring to, that would have no effect here - it is the circular breathing technique that counts, and the throat training that goes with it - Inuit and certain Mongolian tribes tested showed no signs of apnoea despite the excess body fats they carry naturally - the reason is the particular type of atonal singing they do, known as throat singing, which naturally tightens and tones the throat.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well it's all over red rover.

Entire multi trillion dollar sleep apnea industry shut down overnight leading to massive job losses and corporate bankruptcies.
Post Reply Post Reply
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLMlkjnYe0U

This is not an art form appreciated by the masses. I think the industry is safe.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sheldon https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-RsB4a4ogc
I use my PAP machine nightly and I feel great!
Updated: Philips Respironics System One (60 Series)
RemStar BiPAP Auto with Bi-FlexModel 760P -
Rise Time x3 Fixed Bi-Level EPAP 9.0 IPAP 11.5 (cmH2O)
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Journey to cure UARS. OSCAR data attached gzaw 3 816 10 hours ago
Last Post: gzaw
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 113 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 13 277 03-12-2024, 06:44 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Sleep Apnea or Something Else? RoughriderTR 5 193 03-12-2024, 03:56 PM
Last Post: RoughriderTR
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 6 453 03-10-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: RedNailz
  What my apnea cure looked like progman 7 176 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Complex Sleep Apnea? Suggestions? Unkikonki 55 2,819 03-08-2024, 08:35 PM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.