MAPnea Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed S9 AutoSet - currently "set" on CPAP mode
Mask Type: Other
Mask Make & Model: ResMed AirFit F10 and P10 - varies
Humidifier: ResMed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 8
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: New Sleep Doc + New DME = Trying new approach to PAP therapy.

Sex: Female

New DME - Part Two
Wanted to post an update to my last thread "New DME, New Machine". I persisted and got a new ResMed S9 Autoset which is currently set in CPAP mode with a pressure of 9. My old DME sold my 22-month-old ResMed S9 AutoSet for $495, so now I have a backup machine!

I have two new masks - a Nuance Pro (nasal pillows) and a ResMed AirFit F10 (which I bought at a good price from my old DME). The AirFit F10 is the best mask I've ever had - it seems to fit my face and "moves" with me during the night. Much, much better than the Swift FX. The F10 cushion seems to "stick" like glue and my mask leaks for the past two weeks are 95% = 4.80.

I'm still not totally convinced that "straight CPAP" is for me, but my AHI for last night was 1.34, last seven days 2.11, last two weeks 2.76 which is better than the last stats I had with my old ResMed S9 AutoSet on APAP 6-11 (the last night I used it my AHI was 9.41, last 7 days on old APAP was 3.88 and last 30 days 2.63). Something was "trending" in the wrong direction, so - maybe - straight CPAP is the answer. I'm not going to "tweak" anything until my post 60-day (to 90-day) visit with my new Sleep Doc.

Oh, and I did - with my new sleep doc's permission - set the EPR to 2.0 and a ramp time of 15 minutes on the new CPAP settings.

Still don't have a copy of my sleep test or my Rx, but I'll get that next time I go to the Sleep Doc's office (September 30th). I'm tired of "persisting" with them and all they can say is I didn't sign the release forms. I did. I signed at least 7 forms before, during and after my sleep test. I mean, really…. But when I go on Sept. 30th I'll refuse to leave the office without a copy. And, every week or so until then, I'll call or email or - in some way - keep reminding them that I AM THE PATIENT and why the hell should I have to sign any release forms to release MY sleep study information to ME?

So… that's my update and thank you for your encouragement, suggestions and help during this transition. NOW.. if ONLY… all the rules are followed and Medicare pays for the new machine and all my future supplies. If not, oh, well… I have my old S9 Autoset and all the members of this board and Sleepy Head and ….

Thanks I-love-Apnea-Board
07-31-2014 04:18 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
trish6hundred Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: Resmed S9 AutoSet for Her
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: Fisher & Paykel Simplus
Humidifier: H5i Heated Humidifier
CPAP Pressure: 10 - 7-20 Cm H2O
CPAP Software: Not using software

Other Comments: I started CPAP in 2008. Totally blind since birth.

RE: New DME - Part Two
Hi MAPnea,
BOY! you have had a whirlwin DME trip, haven't you?
Sounds like you are doing well with your new machine and new settings, I don't know that I would change anything for a while.
Just keep up the good work and do keep reminding them that YOU are the patient.
Hang in there for more responses.

07-31-2014 04:26 PM
readyforsleep Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: Resmed S9 AutoSet for her
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: Swift FX for her
Humidifier: attached
CPAP Pressure: 14.6-17.4
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Great news! Keep us updated.

2010 sleep study 63 AHI, 2014 3.0
07-31-2014 04:59 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
NickDanger Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: Resmed S9 Autopap
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: ResMed P10
Humidifier: 5i
CPAP Pressure: 9
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: ResMed Chinstrap

Sex: Male

Nicely done!
07-31-2014 07:44 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  New User Problem with BiPAP AVAPS - Part 1 jmayer180 22 635 10-23-2016 04:49 PM
Last Post: robysue
  Question about shape of exhalation part of waveform green wings 4 507 03-27-2016 01:41 PM
Last Post: archangle
  Part deux: Correct mask settings for Respironics machines? DanPrado 5 1,694 03-05-2016 06:03 PM
Last Post: DeepBreathing
  [Equipment] same part breaks on Philips Wisp frame okieman 14 940 02-27-2016 12:39 PM
Last Post: okieman
  DreamStation and related accessories part numbers GPSMapNut 2 648 01-26-2016 07:52 PM
Last Post: pupcamper
Question [Equipment] Do I need water chamber part of CPAP machine cclanders 3 795 10-29-2015 07:13 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
Sad Mask fight, part two. DME was here. JVinNE 12 1,948 06-04-2015 01:28 PM
Last Post: catalina