Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New Data [with followup data]
RE: New Data [with followup data]
New data!

https://imgur.com/a/EHcjbPQ
Post Reply Post Reply
Your AHI has become more consistent, and with results consistently in the 2s and 3s is considered pretty well treated. I think if you want better results, that a bilevel would be advantageous and possibly the Resmed Autoset with the 3-cm EPR. It really depends on how you feel. With these results now becoming pretty consistent, I would be reluctant to suggest higher pressures to treat the hypopnea, but it might work. You're currently at 14 to 19 pressure, and if you want to try 14.5 as the minimum pressure that might reduce some hypopnea. Overall, your progress has continued, but are you sleeping better and more comfortably?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-29-2018, 08:40 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Your AHI has become more consistent, and with results consistently in the 2s and 3s is considered pretty well treated.  I think if you want better results, that a bilevel would be advantageous and possibly the Resmed Autoset with the 3-cm EPR.  It really depends on how you feel.  With these results now becoming pretty consistent, I would be reluctant to suggest higher pressures to treat the hypopnea, but it might work.  You're currently at 14 to 19 pressure, and if you want to try 14.5 as the minimum pressure that might reduce some hypopnea.  Overall, your progress has continued, but are you sleeping better and more comfortably?

Sleeping Very WELL! Putting a pillow under my shoulder blades to allow my neck to stay extended with no bend in my airway! The machine I have does have a EPR setting but it's named diferently. I was thinking about getting a ResMed until I read of the feature similar to the ResMed's EPR. I'll raise the minimum to 14.5
Post Reply Post Reply
Thinking about cutting off the Flex setting to maybe exhale fully and better. What do you think?
Post Reply Post Reply
Flex is your exhale relief on the Dreamstation, but it works differently from Resmed and only provides up to 2-cm of pressure reduction. It is much different from EPR because it returns to inhale pressure before the end of the exhale cycle. Usually a setting of 1 or 2 works better than 3. You should set it where you feel most comfortable. Flex is a comfort feature and has no therapeutic application I am aware of.

Good to hear you are sleeping better and comfortably. That is the goal, and you've reached it.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yea my dreams are loooooooooooooooooong! So long Im actually thinking in my dreams trying to figure things out. Now that's long!
Post Reply Post Reply
New data

https://imgur.com/a/pGgj8D8
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Adjusting Settings based on Oscar data rygonzo93 4 78 10 hours ago
Last Post: gainerfull
  Help reading OSCAR data JenniferJuniper 24 1,287 Yesterday, 10:17 AM
Last Post: JenniferJuniper
  [CPAP] Help with OSCAR data to help improve sleep Akaharu 7 255 Yesterday, 04:04 AM
Last Post: Akaharu
  [CPAP] OSCAR Data Review for New User goodfella7763 3 184 04-15-2024, 08:42 PM
Last Post: goodfella7763
Question Please help interpret data to improve treatment length during the night GalaxyPast 3 145 04-14-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: GalaxyPast
  Data interpretation - Luna G3 Big Ultima Energy 3 86 04-14-2024, 06:27 PM
Last Post: johnathanb76
  Just getting started, looking for an OSCAR data review mattcole3 3 112 04-12-2024, 12:56 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.