Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New Data [with followup data]
RE: Please review
(05-07-2018, 08:02 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Tricky, there are many charts on the page I saw ranging from AHI mid 2x to mid 8x.  That is a huge amount of data to digest, but the overall theme is hypopnea, flow limitation, a bit of OA and very little CA.  With a pressure of 14 to 18 I think bilevel is a better and more comfortable solution.  I also think you 'd do better with a Resmed Airsense 10 Auto set than a Philips, but given a choice I'd get a bilevel Aircurve 10 Vauto or BiPAP Auto.  Bilevel pressures could clear up the events in a way CPAP can't.  How do you feel about the therapy.  It looks a bit marginal to me, but you're sleeping with it.
Well I definetly can say Im sleeping much better than before I had the machine. My initial AHI was 38.4, and just last night my AHI was 3.1 so my heart is definetly not working as hard! 38.4 down to 3.1 is excellent to me. I plunked out alot of money for this machine so I'd rather try to work using this one for now. Any suggestions? I tried the cervical collar, not able to keep it on. Stuffing a pillow under my neck keeps my airway nice n clear,Im guilty for not doing it every night.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New Data [with followup data]
I do the same with a feather pillow. I find if I pull it over my shoulder and rest my chin on the pillow I breath a lot better. Never have tried a cervical collar, but then again, my AHI is generally under 1 and was 0.3 last night. Your charts are pretty busy with a mix of all the obstructive events and pressures of 14-18. I think you would do a lot better with a Resmed using similar pressures with EPR at 3, or a bilevel machine with an EPAP of 10 and PS 4 and maximum pressure of 18. That's just the way it is. You can only do so much with the Philips implementation of Auto CPAP. If you are sleeping well, comfortable and satisfied with the therapy, then that is a great result. I think a different machine would make a huge difference.

Keep an eye out on Craigslist for a very well-priced bilevel Philips BiPAP Auto or Resmed S9 VPAP Auto or Aircurve 10 Vauto. If you see something affordable, then grab it. We can talk about how it will virtually eliminate your residual events. I just don't have a great way to make your current machine work better, given what is going on in these charts.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
So in the meanwhile, what setting should I adjust to?
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-08-2018, 08:48 PM)trickyneedsleep Wrote: So in the meanwhile, what setting should I adjust to?

Well you're at 14-15. I don't think anything drastic. Just change the maximum pressure to 16.5.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
aCTUALLY MY CURRENT SETTINGS IS AT MAX 18
Post Reply Post Reply
Last night's AHI was 2.1!
Post Reply Post Reply
I'd call that progress in the right direction. Let's hope that continues.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Sleeprider mentioned this in a previous post

"a Resmed using similar pressures with EPR at 3"

Is this ResMed machine with the EPR setting a regular CPAP machine or is it a BiPAP machine? If it's a regular CPAP machine, what model do you suggest that has this EPR setting?
Post Reply Post Reply
All A10 CPAP models have the EPR option.  It's the data storage that is only available on the "Elite" and "Autoset" models.  The "CPAP" model is considered a brick, meaning no detailed sleep data is recorded.  While all the models are considered a CPAP, Resmed chose to name their basic model, "CPAP", which can be confusing.  We recommend the "Autoset" or "Autoset for Her" over all the other models.  The "Elite" does not allow for auto titration.  

The EPR allows the CPAP to mimic a Bi-Level machine up to a 3cm IPAP/EPAP difference. A Bi-Level machine can go much higher in pressure difference.

I hope this answers your questions.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-18-2018, 11:28 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: All A10 CPAP models have the EPR option.  It's the data storage that is only available on the "Elite" and "Autoset" models.  The "CPAP" model is considered a brick, meaning no detailed sleep data is recorded.  While all the models are considered a CPAP, Resmed chose to name their basic model, "CPAP", which can be confusing.  We recommend the "Autoset" or "Autoset for Her" over all the other models.  The "Elite" does not allow for auto titration.  

The EPR allows the CPAP to mimic a Bi-Level machine up to a 3cm IPAP/EPAP difference.  A Bi-Level machine can go much higher in pressure difference.

I hope this answers your questions.

It does, thank you
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Adjusting Settings based on Oscar data rygonzo93 4 80 Yesterday, 06:02 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
  Help reading OSCAR data JenniferJuniper 24 1,292 Yesterday, 10:17 AM
Last Post: JenniferJuniper
  [CPAP] Help with OSCAR data to help improve sleep Akaharu 7 257 Yesterday, 04:04 AM
Last Post: Akaharu
  [CPAP] OSCAR Data Review for New User goodfella7763 3 184 04-15-2024, 08:42 PM
Last Post: goodfella7763
Question Please help interpret data to improve treatment length during the night GalaxyPast 3 145 04-14-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: GalaxyPast
  Data interpretation - Luna G3 Big Ultima Energy 3 86 04-14-2024, 06:27 PM
Last Post: johnathanb76
  Just getting started, looking for an OSCAR data review mattcole3 3 112 04-12-2024, 12:56 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.