Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New Design - Dreamwear Nasal Headgear with Arms
RE: New Design - Dreamwear Nasal Headgear with Arms
I just started using an f30i which has been a big comfort improvement over my last one with nasal pillows
Post Reply Post Reply
I use this with arms and even installed it on my resfit masks They dont slip like they use to and my numbers are way better now
Post Reply Post Reply
I had a terrible time keeping this mask on my head. Now with the “arms” I do NOT need to adjust all night. Great addiction to the mask for me.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
I have been using it for some time.  I got it from amazon.  I have 2 frames with a med and large pillow.  It is so simple to change the headgear and it stays in place unlike the original.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-08-2020, 09:47 AM)staceyburke Wrote: I have been using it for some time.  I got it from amazon.  I have 2 frames with a med and large pillow.  It is so simple to change the headgear and it stays in place unlike the original.

Hi Stacey. Are you a side sleeper like me? If so, do you have any problems with the DreamWear Nasal Cushion displacing and leaking when you turn to the side? Reviews mention this for some people. This looks to be a good nasal mask setup for me to try (with the newer "arms" support for stability). I'm currently using a ResMed F30i cushion, and I want to try a nasal mask. I'm also concerned about the potential noise from the vent port on the DreamWear cushion. Is that noticeable to you? Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
I own the F30I and the dreamware.  The resmed makes more noise (in inhale sound like Darth Vader) but the dreamware is does NOT make a lot of sound BUT blows out air in a stream and there is no diffusion.  The Dreamware does not cause me any noise or air problems but my wife has complained the air from the Dreamware had bothered her.  I try to be sure it does not blow on her.  But I use the dreamware now exclusively. And yes I only sleep on my side.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-08-2020, 10:29 AM)staceyburke Wrote: I own the F30I and the dreamware.  The resmed makes more noise (in inhale sound like Darth Vader) but the dreamware is does NOT make a lot of sound BUT blows out air in a stream and there is no diffusion.  The Dreamware does not cause me any noise or air problems but my wife has complained the air from the Dreamware had bothered her.  I try to be sure it does not blow on her.  But I use the dreamware now exclusively.  And yes I only sleep on my side.

I know you've struggled with ongoing leaks- assuming these are mouth-related leaks from higher pressures? Tried SomniFix? Don't forget to update your current mask in your profile. Thanks for the advice!
Post Reply Post Reply
I just posted about my leaks - you might be interested. It is here... http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...to?page=20
Post Reply Post Reply
The ResMed N30i, ResMed P30i, DreamWear Gel Pillows & DreamWear Nasal Cushions all have 3 problems for me.  1. They are much noisier than my favorite mask that's served me for 11 1/2 years.  2. They are extremely slippery (unstable) on my head and there's very little adjustment as the neoprene stretches over time.  3. Most importantly, the side channels are WAY TOO SOFT for a side sleeper.

From your discussion, it appears that the companies are attempting to stabilize the sliding issue on the back of the head.  But they obviously haven't taken care of the noisy exhaust issue.

Regarding the side channels that I've wanted to love, (but cannot yet) both companies haven't bothered to address this channel crushing issue.  They repeatedly state that if one channel is crushed, then the other one will make up for the lack of air supply.  They are so certain about that myth, that they're not even trying to strengthening those side channels.  Their propaganda obviously convinced the officious DME clinician that forced me to take the DreamWear model and refused to order the mask that had worked for me for 9 years.

Let me suggest the ResMed Swift LT that comes with a navy frame and S,M,L pillows, or the Swift LT for Her that comes with a light blue frame and XS, S, M pillows.  These have adjustment straps at the top of the frame and another adjustment strap at the back of the head.  Over time, those neoprene straps will need to be adjusted as they stretch, like any others, but you have adjustment in two directions.  Yes, it means that I have the tube running in front of my face.  Yes, I use two velcro straps in an X configuration across the tube clip at the top of my head, because the little hose clip doesn't do the job on its own.

BUT

The DreamMapper software show 100% mask fit every night and an AHI of 0-.3.  More importantly, I sleep solidly all night long and there are no interruptions with a mask shifting or making the noises.

If anyone is interested, I use a sort of bungee cord set-up with my headboard.  I was doing this long before I saw those hanging frames sold on the net.  It's not exactly a bungee cord, but people might have a challenge picturing a 4" wide neoprene band that I gave up using for exercise.  That band lets the hose gently slide back and forth as I turn in my sleep.  It's suspended by some extremely long colored rubber-bands to the back of my headboard.  I went off topic for this last part, but I never have hose around my neck or pillow and it's super easy to get a long night sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am sorry to disagree with you.  I am a side sleeper and never have I had problems with one side being crushed and not enough air.  I don't know if the side crushes or not but the pressure and amount of air getting to the pillows is fine.  NO PROBLEMS.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CPAP compressed air path design, foam, filtration & maintenance MaNoise 10 227 03-25-2024, 11:07 AM
Last Post: MaNoise
  Nasal irrigation sleepingbetterinFl 8 322 03-11-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Dreamwear frame sizing ahuman 3 295 02-23-2024, 05:21 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  Dreamwear Philips Respironics mask altrout 12 786 02-12-2024, 03:04 PM
Last Post: tbhausen
Question [Equipment] Fullface or Nasal? Jose Castro 10 865 01-17-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Equipment] Brevida mask with Evora headgear BeauPetitNez 8 1,659 01-13-2024, 10:11 AM
Last Post: BeauPetitNez
Question [Equipment] Is the headgear on AirFit N20 the same as AirFit F20? James87 4 440 01-12-2024, 12:25 PM
Last Post: labrat

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.