Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New Design - Dreamwear Nasal Headgear with Arms
New Design - Dreamwear Nasal Headgear with Arms
I've been struggling with large leaks with the Dreamwear nasal cushion for several months. It frequently slips up on the back of my head even with a ponytail running interference. Every time I roll to my side and my pillow touches the mask, it breaks the seal and again, large leaks. I spend half the night readjusting, therefore never feeling rested. At one point my DME supplier changed me to Dreamwisp, which in the course of one short night caused an oozing blister the size of a dime on the bridge of my nose. Phillips now is advertising Dreamwear Nasal Headgear “with arms”, a new design that is supposed to alleviate  these problems. Has anyone tried this new miracle yet? I’m willing to purchase the new updated headgear if it’s really effective. I’m anxious to see if it works as claimed.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New Design - Dreamwear Nasal Headgear with Arms
Yes, I use it and I like it because the solid little arm hooks into the loop on the mask where you ordinarily slot the velcro through; and once you have adjusted the velcro to fit, you don't have to faff around with it every night. 

As well, I have recently changed to the ResMed N30i mask and the arm  piece fits this mask as well.

Funnily enough (though definitely not funny ha-ha) when I asked my DME for it, they swore blind there was no such thing; so I just bought it...
Post Reply Post Reply
Guiniviere, thanks for your reply. Do you feel that your mask is more stable and leaks decreased with the arms?
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-09-2019, 09:42 PM)Donna Wrote: Guiniviere, thanks for your reply. Do you feel that your mask is more stable and leaks decreased with the arms?

Yes, it seems more stable/stays in place better.  The leaks I am not so sure about:  I wanted to try the Resmed mask because it is solid at the top/the elbow join whereas the Dreamwear is soft and that was where I was getting the leaks; but now OSCAR is telling me I am getting more leakage!  But where OSCAR is finding those leaks, only he knows!  So I really can't help you there.  I do think though that you should give it a try as just the fact that it is easier to deal with every night makes it, imho, well worth it...
Post Reply Post Reply
I was chosen to participate in a study by Respironics to test the headgear July 2018. I thought it was a big improvement over the original headgear. See they released it recently. I order one today. Great product doesn’t slip off the back of your head.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm using the new Dreamwear headgear with arms on Resmed P30i and it fits perfectly...doesn't ride up head. Leaks seem slightly lower but not eliminated.
Post Reply Post Reply
Im glad this topic got revived because I never saw this new headgear until today. I am fairly new to CPAP ( 3.5 months ) and I tried all the Dreamwear mask options, which I had to buy on my own. In Germany for some reason they dont sell this new headgear option ?

I actually really like the Dreamwear Nasal Cradle but I had the same issues as OP, once I turned on the sides - they cradle would slightly move and start leaking. I ended up getting a Airfit N30i from the company that is covered by my insurance and that one is a lot more stable for my face with no issues when tossing and turning.

I wouldnt mind trying this new headgear with both the n30i and the dreamwear that I have now...will try to find it online
Post Reply Post Reply
I found the original headgear with the Dreamwear nasal mask was of pretty poor quality and didn't last long at all.
My wife made me some new ones out of thin neoprene which worked well but after 6 months or so started to start to fall apart.
When the Resmed copy the N30i was released I bought one to try out and found the hard centre piece on the nasal cushion stopped it sealing well especially on my side oand was pretty useless and uncomfortable if I slept on my stomach.
But I found the Resmed headgear to be of better quality than the Phillips one and it actually worked really well with the Dreamwear frame so I now use it all the time.
Looking at the new Dreamwear headgear it appears to be of a similar quality to the original, is it so? or is it a better quality than the original?
Post Reply Post Reply
It looks like one part is plastic to me? The arms?
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes probably plastic...but flexible.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CPAP compressed air path design, foam, filtration & maintenance MaNoise 10 223 03-25-2024, 11:07 AM
Last Post: MaNoise
  Nasal irrigation sleepingbetterinFl 8 315 03-11-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Dreamwear frame sizing ahuman 3 290 02-23-2024, 05:21 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  Dreamwear Philips Respironics mask altrout 12 783 02-12-2024, 03:04 PM
Last Post: tbhausen
Question [Equipment] Fullface or Nasal? Jose Castro 10 862 01-17-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Equipment] Brevida mask with Evora headgear BeauPetitNez 8 1,656 01-13-2024, 10:11 AM
Last Post: BeauPetitNez
Question [Equipment] Is the headgear on AirFit N20 the same as AirFit F20? James87 4 437 01-12-2024, 12:25 PM
Last Post: labrat

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.