Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New Device/Supplies
New Device/Supplies
Hello,

I have obstructive sleep apnea (fairly severe) and currently use a REMstar Pro (Philips Respironics) CPAP, w/ CFlex. While it is working fine, I have had it for about 9 years. So I worry that, any day now, it will stop working. And because my sleep apnea is pretty bad, I'd really like to avoid having to go multiple nights without a machine. At the same time, because of a recent change in my insurance, it may be difficult for me to see my old doctor / order a new CPAP through my current provider (Lincare). So I am in the process of looking up the best options for me to purchase a new device / supplies out of pocket.

While I see several different CPAP devices with CFlex online (at a price range of $300 to $1000 or more), I really have no idea how to tell which ones will work for me and which ones will not. Is it enough just to make sure that I am getting a CPAP with CFlex? Or are there other constraints I need to keep in mind.

Thanks very much!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New Device/Supplies
I too, was diagnosed with severe OSA. my numbers were in the 60-70 range. 

I'm no expert in sleep apnea and/or equipment associated with it. But.....I think I got lucky when I was prescribed my CPAP machine. 

From what I have read on here so far, it's a good one. It's been working very well for me.  Sleep-on-pillow
Post Reply Post Reply
Best price for the best item for you, a Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset or Autoset For Her can be had from Supplier #33. He offered members a discount if they used EXTRA3% coupon code at checkout. That will be 620.11 with the heated hose option or $582 with standard tubing, shipped.  If you want to go with the Philips Respironics Dreamstation Auto, prices are the same.

The reason I'm suggesting the Resmed Autoset is that it is a fully auto CPAP that will help you to titrate your optimal therapy. It is faster to respond to events and event precursors than the Philips, and has an exhale pressure relief that acts like bilevel with up to 3-cm of pressure relief.  It is a very comfortable machine that usually produces the best results and has full data.  It is made in one-piece with the humidifier included and is more compact than the Philips for travel, and has a very nice travel case.  Machine comes with 2-year warranty. Do not buy the warranty extension.

If you want to get in really cheap, check out the deals on OfferUp.  Do a search for Resmed Autoset or Dreamstation Auto and you will find deals on near new machines under $300.  Be sure to ask sellers any question you have and be sure the machine has not been in a smoking household and verify Run Hours. Many sellers show a picture of the User Hours which are resettable, but run hours can not be reset.  For example, here is a seller with a machine that only has 119 hour and the image shows run hours. This can be relied on as the actual condition of a nearly new machine:

[Image: 71a1ec05e54c458da36cccfad6c76e48.jpg]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks very much! This is really helpful!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Best Oximeter Device to use w OSCAR Abletree 17 4,050 04-04-2024, 01:37 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  [Equipment] Who Do You Get Your Supplies From? Fritz1255 2 179 03-29-2024, 09:28 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Medicare Providers for Airmini Supplies knitsafghans 4 223 03-15-2024, 11:07 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  ResMed 10 Card-to-Cloud: no cellular device NelsonM 20 3,205 03-14-2024, 10:08 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Tongue retaining device with cpap question blancobonzo 1 1,010 02-21-2024, 07:20 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Changing CPAP Machine & DME/Insurance & Supplies StratCat48 3 331 02-10-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Medicare & Re-Ordering Supplies oneeyeopen 12 978 02-07-2024, 08:10 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.